Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Glenwood, Utah

Hello from Glenwood, Utah

Hello everyone. My name is Mike Cebula and I'm into woodworking primarily as a hobby and to make sawdust as my primary output. I retired from IBM in 1998 and have spent a good deal of my time in our motorhome touring the USA. Getting a little old for that and am staying home more now.

No special woodworking effort. Have built various items for the yard and some household items. Lately got more serious in putting together a viable shop. Since I'm cheap, a good portion of my shop furniture/jigs is from HD 'culls' and anything I can scrounge from the neighborhood and yard sales. Even been known to take away a tree trunk or two. I also enjoy restoring old hand tools.

Looking forward to learning a lot from the folks on this forum and hope to be able to contribute something.

Mike

Sure sounds like we can learn from you also Mike. Look forward to seeing your participation in our family here. We have some family members in and around Utah, never know, one might be in your neck of the woods and we have been known to travel to meet each other. Larry our ambassador is our shining example. See his "Tour de Wood" tour threads. Welcome aboard.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Welcome, Mike, nice to meet you. Greetings from the Pacific Northwest, Vancouver Island. Delighted to have you here.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Hey Mike.

Welcome aboard. I'm sure I won't be the first to say...no pics...didn't happen

Welcome Mike !!!
    Faith, Hope & Charity

welcome mike,, meet another fella last week from your state he was working as a consultant for a medical company in my state,, but i dont think your him i cant remeber his name but he too was woodworker and i mentioned this forum to him..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Welcome aboard Mike! Full time Rv'ing sounds like it must have been an interesting time!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Hi Mike and welcome to FWW

Hello to Glenwood folks from Southwood.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Welcome to the Family Mike!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website