Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Friday and it's easter weekend

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It Friday and it's easter weekend

Hope yall have a happy easter and a happy Passover to our Jewish family members.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 04-22-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Kansas City, Missouri
    Ditto what Don said.

Whatchall got going this weekend?

Will mostly be spending mine with family, but did get a concrete pad put in for the fountain last week. Got the forms off of it yesterday. Will hopefully get the fountain setup this weekend. Also want to get a waterfall put in on the fish pond.

If it rains I'll probably be sanding stair treads and picking up the shop.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

DSM, IA
    Going to a friends art show opening tonight...tomorrow lifting heavy things into a van and uloading them a few miles away......FIL is downsizing to a townhome, but there will be BBQ and beer for a thank you.

Sunday I will be in the shop making curlies fly all over!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

North West Indiana
    Easter meal with my daughters and SILs as well as the two grands, CJ and Ashleigh!!!! Then a quiet weekend with my wife. Weather is supposed to be horrible for the next 10 days. Next week she has physical therapy on Mon, Tues and Thurs evenings after I get home with the bus. But Wed, opening day of turkey season she has two dr's appointments about 2.5 hours North and West of us. So, Tess is coming over for opening morning, then she will hunt with her husband Eric in the afternoon while I am gone. I have not put a trail cam out as it has been so wet, Eric put up the blind, will carry the decoys and chairs and try to call in or intercept a bird. Same spot I got my turkey last opening morning. Now I don't know if I am carrying the double barrel side by side 20 guage or the 10 gauge Browning pump. Sold last year's gun as it failed to fire until I shot the bird with Tess' gun.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Lot of time in church this holy week. Maundy Thursday last night, tonight Good Friday, tomorrow Easter vigil and Sunday is Easter sunrise service.
    Our son and his family are back from their year long vagabond travels around the world. But they are still in a whirl getting settled, back to work and all. We will wait until going to visit them.
    Also some time in shop, making a little project for the wife. Out in yard picking up branches, lots and lots of branches. They are still falling from the big kill during the 2009 ice storm. If things dry out I'll mow.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Reno, Nv
    Happy Easter for it's real meaning!!
    Big, fast order to get out of turned utility stuff, cheese cutters, stoppers, pens, the whole shabang!! Sunday big church celebration that I'll be working at and then traditional early dinner (west coast...not supper) Ham, taters agraten, molten chocolate cake...not sure if that's traditional but we like to cook!! Saturday Stacey needs to rest; her C-spine is causing her a lot of problems again and her surgery 2 years ago may not have corrected everything. Since I'm fixed, cancer-wise...time to re-focus on getting wifey healthy and sleeping like a baby.
    From my family to yours...Blessings for the best Easter you can have!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Tacoma, WA
    I'll be finishing up some cabinets, and my 89 year old grandfather is here to visit from Utah. He has been a woodworker all his life like his father. It will be neat to be able to show him my shop for the first time.

With the cab project going on I can actually show him some work I'm doing too.
    That's not even a smile! That's just a bunch of teeth playing with my mind!

Santa Claus, In
    Lots of church stuff going on here as well. Sunday, I have to be there at 5Am to cook the breakfast for the ladies. (Me and my big mouth) That afternoon, we have having a picnic type meal. BBQ, creek fries, corn on cob. Don't know why, just wanted to do something different with the food.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Working on a couple of cedar Adirondack chairs for a neighbor tonight and Saturday, peace & quiet Sunday and I'm going to start by biting the rabbit ears off first..Mmmm chocolate ...Happy Easter all
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Outside the beltway
    I'll put in a morning of turkey hunting Saturday andwork a bit in the afternoon. Sunday I will be joining ny oldest son Jon,his wife for dinner in the afternoon after Church. Hope all receive a great Blessing this Resurrection Sunday.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::