W.I.P.

This is a piece of misquite i had given to me from Vaughn.:thumb:I had never turned mesquite before but boy do i like it. Well as i just got one of them fancy burners that Jim got. I thought i'd start doing a little bit of burning on this. Not sure where the burning will go, but the wife really likes it so far.:D When i get done and if i don't mess up to bad i'll show the finish piece.;)

Attachments

• 008 [800x600].JPG
    008 [800x600].JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 58
I like it. Nice form and the burning looks nice as well.

Which wood burning unit did you get?
Larry i'm looking foward to getting in to this when i can find some quite time.:) Mohammad I just got the Optima1 with the single outlet. After talking to Jim he said that the one he got was really to much, so i went with this for now.:thumb:Stu Like i said had never turned masquite before, but i'll be getting some more in the future for sure.

Attachments

• 001 [800x600].JPG
    001 [800x600].JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nice Steve!! Great shape and the finish is pure mesquite! I have a couple in the garage I have to work on, but I found out the hard way that mesquite dust sends my respiratory system into major fits...and that is with my powered respirator:eek:!! Everything has to be cleaned after sanding, so I'm working on an idea...they usually die of loneliness :rofl::rofl::doh:
Can't wait to see the burning...nice score on the pens!!!