Lost a Friend Tonight

It's especially tough to lose a "heart dog", the ones that have and extra special grip on you for some unknown reason. And for me, it always seems to be the big goofy boys. I know your life is richer by sharing it with Dakota. While there are always others that will follow, there will only be one Dakota. Heal fast, but never forget. Jim.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Dakota was my wife's dog when we got married, but he immediately latched onto me and became a real Daddy's Boy. I was the center of his universe, and he was indeed my best buddy. I will miss so many things about him, but I also go into dog ownership with the knowledge that we outlive pretty much all of our four-legged family members.

Vaughn, I'm sure this is a heartbreaker for you. I know that to you and your wife your dogs are your children, not just your pets. My heart goes out to both of you.

Sorry for the loss Vaughn. I can totally relate as we are in the process here with our old Shnauzer of 14 yrs he can't hear and his eye sight has gone and he pees before he goes outside. doesn't remember his own name at times and he spent 1/2 hr starting at the dishwasher the other day and it wasn't on. He was my wife and he late husbands dog when we got married and I am not a big dog fan but this little guy has won a spot in my heart. We are expecting it any time soon. No matter when it happens it will be hard on us.

Vaughn that is a hard one to deal with. He looked like a great companion full of life in his face. I had one of them dogs and I still hert from losing her in 89. Fox was 17. What is good you have a new dog to comfort you. :)

Vaughn, I'm so sorry to hear about this. We thought we were loosing her about a year ago but she pulled through.... but everyday I wonder when.....
You have the memories....cherish them and remember them.