Guess it's time to take the cover off of the pool

59º here, and I'm wearing a sweatshirt, getting ready to mow the lawns. Perfect weather, IMO. You can keep the high 80s and 90s over there...that's too dang hot for this Viking. :rolleyes:

I have to get my sweep fixed...it got funky on me today, but the pool guy comes in the morning. 85 on Thursday, so it's getting close!! Some how, when it's 110 outside, the pool isn't fun anymore...it's A/C for me!!

Last edited:
Saturday was awesome! We made it up to 63 at my house and I even got a sunburn!!

I'd post some pictures, but I think it might violate the COC. I guess nobody else would want to see me in my speedo...:(

At my house the C-17's routinely fly over from Ft.Lewis. After I was outside in the sun for 15min, they altered their flight path, I think the reflection was blinding the pilots....:rofl:

You cover your pool.... is that to keep the water from evaporating? :rofl::rofl:

Back when I had one, we used it year round... course in Dallas in February at 16 degrees, I didn't stay in very long.... :rofl:

It was a little easier in Houston... not so much ice to skim. :rofl:

Got mine un-covered this weekend. Decided to try opening it myself, which wasn't all that bad after watching a few hours of youtube videos on it. :)
attachment.php

Water was 60 degrees yesterday morning, with it being almost 90 out, it got up to 68 by this evening. The chemicals were all within range, so my wife and kids all jumped in for some fun. With my newly found sunburn I decided I'd wait a day or two for it to come up a few more degrees.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_20110507_122219.jpg
    tn_IMG_20110507_122219.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 34
We just hit a cold spell in Cen Cal...46 this morning...73 for the high today. If I had a cover on my pool...I'd put it back on:(

...Water was 60 degrees yesterday morning, with it being almost 90 out, it got up to 68 by this evening. The chemicals were all within range, so my wife and kids all jumped in for some fun. With my newly found sunburn I decided I'd wait a day or two for it to come up a few more degrees.

Nancy boy. :p When I was a kid, we lived for a few years in a house with a pool. It was a 20' x 40' in-ground pool, but it had no heating or filtration equipment. We used a bit of chlorine, but it still needed to be drained and scrubbed two or three times every summer to remove the algae that would build up. The water from our well came out at 46º, and a bunch of us neighborhood kids would challenge each other to see who could swim the length of the pool immediately after it was filled. It was invigorating, to say the least. Our bodies would tense up as soon as we'd hit the water and it was about impossible to breathe for the first few gasps after climbing out at the other end. :D

That's a great-looking pool, Darren. :thumb: