Wanna participate??? Sunday #2 5-8-11

Two things stand out about Easter (other than my religous upbringing) in my mind as a child. My paternal Grandmother would always bake a lamb shaped cake and bring it to dinner. Chocolate with white icing, jelly beans around the bottom. Inevitably she would remark about the weather and whatever it was, state that the next seven sundays would have the same weather. I don't know why. I don't know the reasoning behind her statement. I do remember trying to keep track but never going the distance. So this year, here, I want to try to find out if it holds true for her. This past Sunday, 4/24 was cloudy but no rain and in the high 50's. I will try to post the next successive Sunday's weather and see the validity to her statements. Participate if you want. Anyone else ever hear of this weather folk lore? Know where it comes from?

Sunday #1 - 5/1

Sunday #2 - 5/8

Sunday #3 - 5/15

Sunday #4 - 5/22

Sunday #5 - 5/29

Sunday #6 - 6/5

Sunday #7 - 6/12

Last edited:
I haven't heard this bit of weather lore, but I'm game to play.

It was overcast and cool here in my part of LA today.

If it rains on Easter Sunday, it will rain for the next 7 Sundays. Usually works for about 4/7.

Seeing how we have had over 5 inches since Friday morning, I really wish this wasn't true. So far this year we have had 20 inches and a touch.

well steve,, i see yu got more rain coming around 4 to 5 " of it according to our weather station... sorry to give yu the bad news...farmers are gonna be needing a floats on there tractors to get the crops in..

Sporadic spits of rain (well since we live in the desert, we're talking nothing compared to everywhere else...meaning nothing measurable). Winds at times. Sun peeked out now and then. Light sweatshirt weather.

Well see what happens over the next several Sundays...:thumb::thumb:

You can see historical weather data at the weather underground, www.wunderground.com. Just type in your town or nearest city they have data for. Scroll down to the historic section.

For Indianapolis last year (4/4) 74 degrees, trace of rain
the following three Sundays were from 60 to mid 70's. Dry to .87 in. rain.

Seems like grandma was a little off!

Well, to continue to check this weather folklore. The first Sunday after Easter, a little windy, cloudy, warmer, mid 60's but again, no rain. So, first Sunday after Easter same weather as Easter Sunday. How about your neck of the woods???