One for the auto buffs in the group

I quit before it finished but I probably got 25% to 30% just from guessing. I never paid much attention to cars. I didn't recognize hardly any of them and guessing the year was impossible.

I could claim that I was just a baby when they were made, but...:):)

Mike

Obviously I got the lowest score, however, I have always been a fan of classic american cars. One of my dreams is getting one of these and restore it. Or maybe getting an already restored one ( if I become a millionaire)

I got two right out of the first twelve. That was enough to show me that I don't know jack about classic cars. :doh:

Went ahead and finished the quiz, and ended up with 44% correct. I probably could have flipped a coin and gotten a higher percentage of correct answers. :p

My disappointment was they didn't have my first car on the test.... in 1963 I went home from the Navy to my brother's funeral... on the way back to San Francisco, I got off the bus in Chandler AZ to spend a day with my mom (she had gone home a couple of days earlier)... she kept carrying on about this '59 Impala down on a used car lot... it was pretty... bright red with a white top and deck lid, an Okie rake on it, finder skirts.. real red neck mobile.... it ran a 348 engine with a Hersch conversion setting 3 on the floor... they left the automatic collar ring on the column, but didn't detract too much.... I bought it and drove the rest of the way to San Fran... I became a very popular sailor on the ship when I showed up... I was one of a very few single men on the ship with a car.

I got 65% I missed my first car!! a 1955 Mercury. Which I crashed July 4th, 1967. Two days later I went into the Marines. The local justice of the peace gave me a five dollar susspended sentence for failing to keep right. He was a former Marine and a memeber of the same church. The state troopers gave me the lowest ticket they could give in NY because I was a bartender at the Bridge Circle Inn where they went for pizza and beer. Can't believe I did not remember that car!!

I only missed one and that was because I wasn't paying attention. The cars were in my teen era and I could even identify cars by their exhaust sounds. Then was when cars were different from each other, they each developed their own engines, transmissions, etc. No cookie cutters then.. I learned to drive on a 53 plymouth and had a summer job in 1955 at the local Buick dealership as a car jockey. I was in hog heaven at age 17.

I only missed one and that was because I wasn't paying attention. The cars were in my teen era and I could even identify cars by their exhaust sounds. Then was when cars were different from each other, they each developed their own engines, transmissions, etc. No cookie cutters then.. I learned to drive on a 53 plymouth and had a summer job in 1955 at the local Buick dealership as a car jockey. I was in hog heaven at age 17.

That's only because they were full of gas, something we can't afford now days.:D

The little 57 Pontiac Chieftian looked exactly like the one my folks had from late 56-61. Hot little car.

Last edited: