met a family member today

allen levine

I met bob gibson this morning and his lovely wife.
2 of the nicest people , I was thrilled they made time to stop by and say hello.
I wasnt so much of a host, Im on the needle this week, but I was glad they decided to say hello.

I do have a picture for the pic police, but will have to post later when Im unhooked.

I dont think many would fess up to making all the junk bob saw in my house.
I took him into the garage/shop and showed him my new favorite tool.
(a little handheld dremel multimax)

Allen, you've got a very infectious smile. I'm clear across the country, and I just caught it like a bad cold. :D

Great to see you guys got a chance to meet up. I'd jump at the chance to meet either one of you. :thumb:

I just got home. Lot of miles in 2 days and I am bushed. The high point of the trip was finally meeting Allen and his wife. Great people !!!

Yes Larry, Allen's home is a showcase of the beautiful pieces he has made. Each project he showed me was more impressive than the last. I am so jealous of his ability to design and build like he does.

I'll post a picture of the generous gift Allen gave me as soon as I load them out of the truck in the morning ;)

If there is one main thing that sets this forum apart, it is the meet and greets. This is truly a family thing and I again want to say thanks to those smart enough to actually start this forum!
Bob and Allen, great photo. :thumb::thumb:

Here are some pics of Allens generous gift. He said that one one probably mahogany and the other is sapple. They are at least 18" wide and 1-1/2" thick. They are sure heavy :eek:

I've spent some time this afternoon trying to think up a project that will do them justice. Whatever I make will be for my wife and I. Not our kids this time ;)

100_3963 (600 x 400).jpg

100_3962 (600 x 400).jpg