bad for them good for me

Well i tryed to get to work this am. Took my normal route or tryed to.:doh: Got about 1/2 mile from there and there was trees and elec lines down everywhere, not to mention elec poles. So i had to back track about 4 miles and go in a different way. When i finilly got there and got the gate unlocked i found 14 big trees down in the front yard and not sure how many down in the woods. No damage to the house luckly. Well here's some pics of what i saw and a small gloat. Will be getting a lot more.:D

Attachments

• 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 005 [640x480].JPG
    005 [640x480].JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 001 [640x480].JPG
    001 [640x480].JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 010 [800x600].JPG
    010 [800x600].JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 92
Well as my little 16" husky saw woun't cut through a lot of them trees, i'm gonna what till they bring in the big boys with the big boy saws. Then let them do the cutting and heavy lifting with the bobcats.:p There is at least one more big burl on that maple that i WILL be getting. And i've got a fair sized cherry burl that i cut off that was to big for me to hall to the truck, but i will be getting that tomorrow if it kills me.:rofl:

Saawwwweeettt!! Glad you guys are ok....horrible damage out there. If you can't get to some of that, my address is....

what kind of storm did yu guys get steve??? thats some major blow downs.. and great that yu got the good stuff.. sure would like one of those maple logs to cut into lumber its gonna be some real fine stuff..

what kind of storm did yu guys get steve??? thats some major blow downs.. and great that yu got the good stuff.. sure would like one of those maple logs to cut into lumber its gonna be some real fine stuff..
Larry not real sure:dunno:, I'm thinking stright line winds, but havn't heard. We have been having real bad storms the last couple days, with way to mush rain. We're supposed to have up to 6more inches in the next couple days. So as you can guess the ground is saturated already. Some folks are saying it was a tornado, but havn't heard that officially yet. We are under a tornado warning for the next 12 hrs.:eek:

I hate to admit it, but as soon as a storm rolls thru, downed trees...also known as turning wood:rolleyes:, is the first thing I think of...of course the whole time hoping no one gets hurt or looses property.

Nice score Stephen! :thumb:

Thanks all i think i'll get a bunch of this and go get lost in the shop.:rofl: Well when i woke up this am the wife said we had a tree down in the front yard. She also said it had taken out the power last night. Well they came to the house last night and got the power back on. I was asleep and didn't even here any of it.:rofl::rofl: This is right out side our bedroom.:) I must of been tired last night is all i can say.:dunno: This is a pic of the tree in the front yard. Just a old oak, glad it was this one not the other as the other probobly would of came down on the house.

Attachments

• 001 [640x480].JPG
    001 [640x480].JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 20