New Pen Gloat

Well, I had a pleasant surprise just now. I got a box from Mack Cameron with a spectacular Kingwood pen.

A while ago, Mack expressed some interest in the Kingwood that I found locally. So I sent him a little--enough for 2 pens. And guess what! He made one of the pens for me. :eek: :D :D :D :thumb:

pen1.jpg

pen2.jpg

Of course it was wrapped beautifully, and he sent refills too. :thumb: :thumb:

pen5.jpg

Look how neat it is. It's really comfortable to hold with that shape. I think this one is going on my night table with Ike's box. :thumb:

pen3.jpg

pen4.jpg

Thanks Mack. It's beautiful. Mack and I talked on Skype the other day. If anyone wants to contact me on Skype, PM me.

Not to take away from Cynthia's gloat, but I promised I would help her out in this regard! Her photography is good, but here's my pic of it, just in case, anyone wants a closer look!:D
attachment.php

This pen is a single piece of wood throughout. It is really just masquerading as a 2 piece pen.

I'm so glad Cynthia liked it. It was the prototype for a number of similar pens I have turned since!

Beautiful pen, Mack. :clap: The wood's not to shabby, either. :p

I happened upon a piece of kingwood recently, and coincidentally was thinking of making Cynthia a pen. I guess that idea's out the window now. Me sending her a pen after she's gotten one from Mack would be like feeding someone a McDonald's burger after they've just finished eating at Ruth's Chris Steak House. :rolleyes: :doh:

You both clicked together nicely on this! :thumb: Looks great!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I see you are on your toes today!

I happened upon a piece of kingwood recently, and coincidentally was thinking of making Cynthia a pen. I guess that idea's out the window now. Me sending her a pen after she's gotten one from Mack would be like feeding someone a McDonald's burger after they've just finished eating at Ruth's Chris Steak House. :rolleyes: :doh:

Vaughn, you don't have to make me anything. Make something beautiful with it, sell it for a fortune to one of your new contacts, and just say it was "inspired by an old friend." ;) :thumb:

yeah i know the feeling vaughn,, it was like me wanting to make jim a plane but the guy over there in spain beat me to it,, and i too knew it was the mc donalds comparison.. so i changed gears:) nice work and two great folks involved:) on this pen swap

I've never even heard of kingwood
Oh Jeff, what a sheltered life you must lead. Everybody has heard of Kingwood!:rofl::rofl:(Just kidding).

It's scientific name is Dalbergia cearensis and is closely related to Cocobolo, East Indian Rosewood, Blackwood etc.

:wave:Thus ends your lesson of the day! Don't think I'm quoting this stuff from memory. Far be it! I looked it up last week when I received the wood from Cynthia, and made a few notes in my journal.:D

Oh Jeff, what a sheltered life you must lead. Everybody has heard of Kingwood!:rofl::rofl:(Just kidding).

It's scientific name is Dalbergia cearensis and is closely related to Cocobolo, East Indian Rosewood, Blackwood etc.

:wave:Thus ends your lesson of the day! Don't think I'm quoting this stuff from memory. Far be it! I looked it up last week when I received the wood from Cynthia, and made a few notes in my journal.:D

Thanks Mack, that make me feel better. :D