Bbq

Well, thanks to you Darren, I just ate close to my daughter's weight in pulled pork for lunch! Gonna be a long and sleepy rest of the day at work! :D

Well, Was a good test cook, everyone liked all the meats we cooked. In June we get to do it all over again for the whole institute. We had two of the Big John cookers with the rotisseries, one for goat, one for lamb. We also had one of the La Caja China cookers to cook the whole pig.

I'd have to side with Larry on the goat, wasn't a big fan of it, tasted fine but the smell was a bit much.

The pig could have gone another hour/hour 1/2. Was up to temp, but prefer it falling off the bone myself. Probably would have been done , but we had a almost 90 lb pig and didn't' have the coals spread out evenly all the time. We figured out that a bit late, so will improve on it next time.

Have more pics, just too tired tonight to get them posted, will do them tomorrow.

Which cooker works best Darren :dunno:

Neither compared to my pellet smoker...it lets me hold my beer the longest without messing with it. ;) :D :rofl:

I think both did an excellent job of cooking everything evenly. Each have their own cooking styles so can't really say that one did better than the other.

Had more control with the Big John IMHO, but it was a lot more expensive of a cooker too. Was built really well and could be used for plain old grilling, smoking, or rotisserie cooking.

For the money, the La Caja China does a good job of cooking. It's mostly a broiling oven as there's no fire/smoke touching the meat. Heat is radiated down through the pan holding the charcoal. Does a great job of crisping the skin too.