Forrest Blades?

I am also disappointed with the Forrest WWll blade. It burns almost every piece of wood I cut with it.

I thought it may be that my saw was misaligned so I tuned it according to Forrests recommendations. It helped a little but not enough for me not to have to joint every board I cut with it.

Gone back to using my Freud blades. Hardly ever a problem with them.
I wasted $110.00 plus shipping on the Forrest :(

Blades that have tight side clearances like the WWII, Freud Fusion, Infinity Super General, Ridge Carbide TS2000, and Tenryu Gold Medal tend to be more prone to burning than blades with more generous side clearances like the Freud LU84, Infinity Combomax, Tenryu RS25550, etc., but the blades with more side clearance also don't leave as polished of an edge. Raising the blade slightly can help decrease the amount of contact between the blade's edge and the workpiece, which helps reduce burning.

Sometimes there's a fine line between burnished and burned, but variables like blade height, alignment, feed rate, material flatness, moisture content, etc., all play a role. It's not always fair to blame the blade if other variables were in play. If you want the ultimate in a polished shiny edge, you'll need to push the envelope a bit more than if you just want a reasonable cut with less fuss.

Last edited: