Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK Tis Friday

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

OK Tis Friday

So Whatcha Got planned for the week end No big deal on this end I got ta get started on a small table other then that the race is Sat. Night and church on Sunday. Whats happening in your neck of the woods.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Plainwell, Michigan
    Since I just got the last of the wood for the frames of my wainscot from Larry, I will be working on the dining room wainscot

DSM, IA
    Leaving in the early am tomorrow to go spend the weekend with one of our best friends and his family...museums for kids and adults, eating, shopping, eating and then a few cold ones on the deck...looking forward to it too...last couple of weeks have been long.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Kansas City, Missouri
    Got to test out the new belts on the mower and get the mowing done tonight. Probably will be moving boxes of stuff down to the garage for my wife and helping her go through it (official spider killer) to get ready for a garage sale. May get some shop cleaning done on Sunday and even get a cabinet or two built for storage.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Reno, Nv
    Looks like a little paint work in my sons room. Stacey is working so nothing for us to do together . Maybe a pen or two?
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Reno NV
    My folks are in town, so doing some BBQ this weekend. Probably not much in the way of projects...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Installing mobile bases on band saw, T/s, drum sander, and assembly tables. After this....we are totally mobile.

Funny story......real quick....went to HF this morning in Daytona Beach to pick up 3 mobile bases. I couldn't find them, so I grabbed a guy to ask where they were, turned out to be the store manager. He said he always gets asked about them, but couldn't get the warehouse to ship them. Then the teleprompter excuse they always use, the stores never carry everything that is on the website.

So I walked over to the sandpaper aisle and out of the corner of my eye, I spot a stack of about 24 of them lying under the power tool section, so I grabbed 3 of them.

Walked back to the store manager who was speaking to another guy and he noticed me, I told him of the find, not to rub it in his face, but to let him know what the mdse is and where it was.

Turns out the guy he was speaking to was the District manager.....oooops!

And he was not a happy camper. The DM kept apologizing and I told him I used to be with Lowes and opened about 20 stores for them, and you can't memorize everything!

Trying to save the Sm's butt!

Any-who, sorry for the hijack....just wanted to share the story. Trust no one.....just your own eyes I guess

RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Too wet to mow - still have standing water in parts of the yard - so I'll be trying to weed out some beds, and get the twelve yards of mulch out of the driveway and into the beds and around some of the trees.

Probably gonna need at least another ten yards before I'm through...
    Jim D.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom DiCara View Post
    ....... Trust no one.....just your own eyes I guess
    Ha, I've been known to wonder around aimlessly at times looking for my glasses which were comfortably resting on my head :... good story Dom!

Yard work and shop cleaning for me this weekend...please hold the applause to a low roar
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Constantine, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    Since I just got the last of the wood for the frames of my wainscot from Larry, I will be working on the dining room wainscot
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk