Box For A Lady

Ron Roase

My wife has a special friend that helps her do money counting for our church. I wanted to make her a gift so thats what this one was all about.
I resawed a piec of Popler and so I could get the grain follow around the box. Put insome Keys on the corners from Blood wood and mounted some wooden hinges that I use Red Mahogany stain on. A inset of Blood wood in the cover to set it off. Also used some Red cedar for deviders in side the box and also for the pedistal to support the box. I used a shooting board for fitting most all pieces in the box,for both 45 degree & 90 degree cuts. My first attempt useing a shooting Board. I will use it alot more in the future.:D:thumb:
Back of M Box.JPG

Front of M box.JPG

Inside of M Box.JPG

Top of M Box.JPG

Tray of M Box.JPG

Shooting Board.JPG

hey ron we have box swaps here from time to time and i think you need to join in on them.. theres alot folk here that would love to have one of those fine boxes yu made:D:thumb::thumb:

one day Im going to make wooden hinges, I just like the way they look and evident with Rons box, it really adds a nice touch. Ofcourse it helps when the box is as pretty as this one also.