Time for another swap

First off, who wants to do another swap?

I want to do something a little out of the box,:D, this time. How about a toy swap? Even if your kids are grown or you don't have any yet, you can still join up. The toy you receive can be given to a relative or neighbor. You could even put it on a shelf on honor in your house.

Let me know what your thoughts are and we can hash out some more details.

Well,I go in for a heart bypass thur morn, but if the good Lord is willin, :) I would love to,guess I'm just an old softy when it comes to the little ones. :wave:

I'm going to say yup...I'm limited to spinny, but I've been wanting to try something for a while....this could be a good opportunity.

I think I'll take a pass on this one, Steve.

As a possible 'wrench in the works,' but CPSC came up with some "Rules for Toys" a year or so ago that severely restricts the making of them - even for gifts. Has to do with child-safe finishing and the necessity to actually prove, via lab testing, that whatever finish is on the toy is safe. CPSC said that it would definitely apply both to 'craft show' items and gift items. Last I heard, there was an appeal being planned.

Not trying to kill your enthusiasm, but you might want to check into this further before proceding.

I'm up for it, as long as my power stays on :)

A good question is are we making toys that are actually to be given to children, or are we making really neat/intracate "toys" to sit on a shelf? I obviously don't get toys I've made tested, but I do use 3rd party certified lead free finishes.

Something meant to be more of a model/shelf item opens up the possibility of more finishes, and actually is legal under CSPC rules I think. Also allows more delicate construction that might not survive a child. Bare wood/no finish is an option too.

As I understand it, the testing requirements have been delayed until the end of this year also after reading this CPSC file on their website.

http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/smbus/ExtendLeadStay.pdf

Well,I go in for a heart bypass thur morn, but if the good Lord is willin, :) I would love to,guess I'm just an old softy when it comes to the little ones. :wave:

Thoughts and prayers going your way and may you have the speediest of recoveries!

I was almost in the mood for a toy swap until I saw we're probably getting regulated out of the game....:doh::dunno::huh:

Go for it Mike. I'm going to guess that my toys will be non politically correct anyway and rated for ages "I'm no longer chewing on my toys" and up.... :thumb: