Time for another swap

Steve I would love to participate but will pass since i have not yet completed my previous commitement to the box swap yet.

It is a sad state of affairs when we can no longer make a toy for a kid though without concern for being sued/fined because of a law principaly designed to prevent mass manufactured goods of suspect quality and material from being sold to our kids.

Not to say we should be poisoning kids with lead, but for what its worth i used to chew lead sinkers which we made at home from old lead pipes, chew on solder wire when i was at school and needed a third hand while soldering a electronic component and used to rub my pencil lead drawings to shade.
So i guess with the amount of lead in my system i could work in a nuclear plant and not suffer radiation by now.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next we will be putting speed limits on a soap box derby.;)

Steve, I am also wondering what kind of time frame you have in mind. The school year is nearing its end, I have a week long class at beginning of June I will be in Vincennes for. Will wait to throw my name in until I am confident I can make your timeline.
So, I guess my questions in order are:
1. When does this start?
2. When is the toy to be shipped?
3. Will we know who we are sending to so we can find some pertinent information to make it compatable for the receiver?
4. Are we talking strictly toys?
5. Size?
6. Other instructions?

I think that is it Steve! :doh::dunno::huh::rofl:

Wow you guys want to know everything:D

I am guessing a ship date of June 15. ( We can even push that off some) Should be enough time for most schools to let out and have some family time. Start around May 15?

As for what to make, how about a toy, gag gift or novelty item. Think like a big people toy? Size can be what ever you want. I am thinking something around large flat rate box size.

If you want to know where it would ship, that could be done, before hand.

If you do make a toy of sorts, you can send it unfinished, to keep Uncle Sam happy.

This is why I through it out, was to get more info on what people may be wanting to do a swap on, if we do it. Keep the feedback coming.

I think I will opt out of the gag toy thingy. I prefer traditional children's toys, sorry Steve.
Chuck

I believe Steve was giving options

The object could be 1 of the following :
  1. A toy (Could be a traditional childrens toy)
  2. A gag gift (Could be a toy, or a toy for a grown up) Perhaps targeted to a specific recipient that could be perceived as a humorous article.
  3. A novelty item (Something you might not see every day. An 'impossible' puzzle, etc...

[*] A novelty item (Something you might not see every day.

As a completely innocent bystander, I might mumble there's no end of things that could be done. Take, for example, the Chinese wood knot. Makes my head spin just thinking about them, much less making one (way beyond my skills, in any case.)

For the more ambitious, there's always the legendary Himitsu-Bako. Seriously, holy smokes!

But as I said, I'm just an innocent bystander... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Later in the month of June would be preferable for me. I have a bunch of wedding gifts as well as stuff for kids and grand kids to make. But I will go with the flow. If it's the 15th I do my best.
Sounds like fun :thumb::thumb:

Maybe for those that are going to play, behind your name on the list could be your possible use for the toy received. That way a somewhat known situation would be understood and an appropriate toy could be fabricated and sent.(this would mean specific makers for specific recipients) Also, like the box swap, somewhere on the toy should be a signature from the maker.
Me, I am going to put it in my shop beside the mallet I got last year. Or, my wife will put it beside the box from Tom Neimi that I/she got this year. :dunno::huh::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb::thumb: