I had another visitor this morning

Oh yeah, I'm good with noise! Got several amps... You won't even have to worry about anybody getting confused and starting to dance or anything!...

I've seriously thought about hauling a little generator and one of my amps and guitars up the hill behind the house just to see how long I could make noise without anybody complaining out here... Heck, if someone would notice that would be an accomplishment....

You don't know how often I'd wish he'd haul his amp up the hill :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That made me smile... thinking back to when I lived in NoCal... we lived in a nice neighborhood that had a rent house next door... a family of Samoans moved in... 7 or 8 adults and several kids... one of the adults was the son-in-law of the guy who leased the property and the sil and his wife moved into the family room of the house, which just happened to be on the side next to the fence between the two houses(which was 5 ft from their house and 5 ft from ours) and just opposite our family room/breakfast room. Now this sil fancied himself a musician, playing base.... he substituted LOUD for talent.... our walls literally shook when he started "playing".... one day it got real quiet over there and I mentioned it to his father-in-law....he said that the sil and wife had taken a trip to Reno one weekend and his fil sold his amplifier, base and everything else that made noise.... so the sil took up beating his wife.... I don't which was noisier..

Well Allen all i can contribute is a "Welcome to the NN Club":D;):)

I would go along with if you can putting out a hand is by far the best direction. But that said it takes two to tango. If I continue to stay where i am, then i will seriously look to organizing a arbitrator to help broker change not that i have drama anymore its just more pleasant to live in peaceful coexisistence than a state of heightened friction. All of this is a lot easier to say than to execute when you faced with the issue i can tell you from first hand experience. :dunno:

He made up phony crap in 2003 and filed false nonsense about my newly installed driveway that cost me many sleepless night because I had to go to court, something Ive never done regarding my home or breaking codes.
What I did wrong was not purchase a 15 dollar cement permit, so I did that after the fact, and that was the only thing the court addressed.
They apologized to me and waved the 25 dollar fine for filing the permit late.
The driveway was inspected by the town engineer and given immediate approval(ofcourse it was, it was done by a top contractor)
My wife and daughter have told me for years they felt uncomfortable with the way he hides in his doorway and stares at them, for over 20 years.
He doesnt speak with more than 2 people on the block, most neighbors around us hate him and have had run ins with him which I wont go into because they invovled legal stuff.

He will never be invited on my property. He will never be a friend. The only time I care to get within handshaking distance of him is when Im about to deck him, so I keep my distance because Im afraid one day I wont be able to control my temper. Other than that, I generally ignore him, but its eery when you look up all the time and hes standing 15 feet from you, startling is a better word.

the noise issue, I think the inspector was just checking up to make sure I wasnt running a commercial shop out of my garage.

I didn't realize there was a history like this behind this situation. You certainly have my sympathy--not sure what I would do. Good luck--sounds like you may need it.

The positive outcome of all of this is that I dont have to be concerned with his feelings or comfort anymore.
If the guy across the street from me who works nights and sleeps during the day asked me to keep the tools off until 1 each day, Id respect his wishes and do so because I get along with the other people on the block.
Ive asked him if the noise bothers him, he says he doesnt hear it or wake up from it.