on a lighter side

allen levine

after promising my wife a new kitchen for 3 years, I finally gave in.
The first thing I wanted to do is see whats above the cabinets so Ill know the basic design of cabinets we will get.
So last night we cut a hole into the wall to find out what was back there.
My wife wasnt thrilled that for months and months theres going to be a hole in the wall in the kitchen.
so I took care of it this morning as promised when she left for work.
I hope she likes it.

Attachments

• bed 434 (Medium).jpg
    bed 434 (Medium).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 78
Allen, I have a hard time believing it's going to take you months and months to finish anything!

Im not doing anything except paying the bill.

My cousin put in my kitchen 21 years ago with my uncle(who has been in the business since the 50s, now retired) and will do this one for me. I need walls moved and closets built, and some windows moved so he does all the work.

I dont have the know how like Rennie or Alan to attempt a kitchen.
I know little about plumbing and less about electric.My woodworking skills are basically amateur or a little above, a kitchen is out of my league.

Between helping my son finish his basement off, redoing a downstairs bedroom in my house, and building a walk in closet up in my attic bedroom, I will be busy for years.

I hope I stay healthy long enough.

btw, my wife came home from work and loved it.

Last edited:
Several houses ago, the bathroom in my place had a 2" or so diameter hole in the wall just above the baseboard. Since it was a rental house, I didn't patch the wall. Instead, I got a stuffed toy mouse (kitty toy) and stuck it in the hole so only the head was sticking out. Got quite a few comments from guests who used the bathroom. Allen's glove beats the fake mouse by a mile, though. :D