Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Runner is back

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Road Runner is back

"There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

He's been missed! Thanks!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    gotta luv that coyote's 'never give up attitude' Thanks!
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

That took me back to when cartoons were just plain fun!...

When I was in the navy stationed on Guam... they showed movies outside at night... we usually went in our bathing suits and a rain coat.. we'd probably get arrested to day, but since it rained most nights there that was a necessary costume.... we rarely paid much attention to the movie being shown... we always asked about the cartoon... if it was a roadrunner/coyotte cartoon, usually a packed house... Bugs Bunny and the coyotte were a very close second.

Thanks for posting that... it was fun.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    That took me back to when cartoons were just plain fun!...

When I was in the navy stationed on Guam... they showed movies outside at night... we usually went in our bathing suits and a rain coat.. we'd probably get arrested to day, but since it rained most nights there that was a necessary costume.... we rarely paid much attention to the movie being shown... we always asked about the cartoon... if it was a roadrunner/coyotte cartoon, usually a packed house... Bugs Bunny and the coyotte were a very close second.

Thanks for posting that... it was fun.
    Chuck, One of my accomplishments while in the Navy was going to Motion Picture operator school and graduating 1st in may Class. Used to be the one operating the 16 mm projectors at those things. I very vividly recall seeing "paint your wagon" 16 times.... I still can't stand the movie
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Chuck, One of my accomplishments while in the Navy was going to Motion Picture operator school and graduating 1st in may Class. Used to be the one operating the 16 mm projectors at those things. I very vividly recall seeing "paint your wagon" 16 times.... I still can't stand the movie
    Yeah, but you got to admit that was a funny movie....
    Clint Eastwood singing...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

It's been removed..... Nuts
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Wasn't back for long...

Dang and it was a good one too.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else