A little good news...sort of

Jim Burr

Finally had an appointment with my surgeon after a month :eek: She said things are healing well, BUT I was a goof ball for driving to SoCal for a turning day with Vaughn...too much time with the incision site on the backseat. I told her that mentally, it was huge for me..."I know...but I want you healed and happy...not just happy and you’re not healed yet!!!":( No more lifting my arm above my shoulder, no more messing in the backyard...no swimming, but I can sit in the pool chair. She's worried about inflammation at the site resulting in chronic pain for years...guess I'll listen:eek:. No nuthin' until I head back to work June 1st and even then, it's sitting doing audits and a little help here and there. She works at my hospital so my director got the heads up. So I started a little HF today...my wife gave me the "one more move and your dead" steel beam gaze:pullhair:...I sure am glad I have cable! :wave::wave:

Maybe I should wait until after the Doc clears you before I send the planes back? :D:D

BTW, the 220 looks like new, and works even better. :thumb: The 5 is looking way better than I anticipated, too... Just a tease...:rolleyes:

Kid I was in 4H with ran heavy equipment for years. Really messed up his back. Ended up with back surgery, doc told him he would feel better instantly but don't overdo it or he would regret it. Yep, he felt better than he thought he had since high school, built new box stalls in his barn, carried him out of his house on a half sheet of plywood, slid him into his sister's van to take to the hospital late one night. It was MONTHS of recovery then. He still says he has never felt better than he did after that first surgery and really regrets overdoing it. Take care and listen to the doc.