Thread: Turning out 2BA

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan

Turning out 2BA

Sissy...can't shake the heebee geebee's of waiting for a blow-out or fly-off ...oh well, at least I'll continue to chronicle my turtle-speed learning process for your all's entertainment

Made the neighbor some cedar seating and parking for cold drinks for his deck last week. Had some leftover scraps and threw this lamp together as an added bonus... Long ways to go, but hopefully I'll get there...

I've been thinking about finding a guide/teacher or what-not and wondering, how many of you just kept plugging away on the learning curve alone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mini-DSCF3507.jpg   mini-DSCF3509.jpg   mini-DSCF3516.jpg  
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Ken, those chairs and table are awesome! I really like the vertical thin strips for the back...the lamp looks great as well! Are you going to put any finish on the seating/table or the lamp?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Ken, those chairs and table are awesome! I really like the vertical thin strips for the back...the lamp looks great as well! Are you going to put any finish on the seating/table or the lamp?
    Thanks Jeff! Nope, the neighbor said he'd handle the staining/sealing...which doesn't bother me in the least

Everything I build is a learning curve. The older I get the more I learn from my mistakes

Great looking chairs. They really look inviting Lamp is kind of neat as well.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Looking good, Ken.

On the learning curve question, I pretty much did it solo with the help of a few videos and Internet buddies who were better turners than me. If I had found someone to mentor me, it would have shortened the curve considerably. I wish you lived closer to me...I'd be glad to show you haw I do things wrong.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Ken, those are fine looking projects. That learning curve is sometimes steeper than at other times. Keep plugging away like the rest of us.

Thanks guy's, I just boosted my net speed today, so I can finally watch some video demo's on-line, with-out that durn buffering suffering... We dropped our speed and our satellite service a while back due to me not working, I don't know which of the disappointments is worse

& I appreciate the offer Vaughn, would be some fun times as well as the learning, I'd bet the farm on it!

That table and chairs setting looks so inviting. I really want to go there and just sit and relax. Unfortunately I am a type "A" and would only last fifteen or twenty minutes max.

And yes, it still looks great and really inviting.

Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER