Huray!!

Brian Altop

I was laid off of work a bit over 6 months ago. Forced me into a huge financial bind that jeopardized my house too.

Well I got hired back, get to keep the house and my new bus is taking off too!
Thanks be to God is all I can say.

If any of you are in this situation, my prayers go out to you, it is a humbling, stressful situation. It was very hard on my marriage, my self, and an eye opener on my faith. After over 9 years of devoting your life to something and then to be let go is kinda hard to swallow.

Still recovering the financial part, but things are slowly coming back into line and I can sleep a little better at night.

I wouldn't change what my family went through, for it was a great opportunity for learning and growth, but I sure wouldn't do it again!!

I have learned that from now on I am going to keep a savings of about 6 months of my daily living expenses aside at all times so if something ever comes up again I never have to struggle like this again. A financial struggle just plain sucks! The only other real personal (other than just being dumb and suffering from delayed intelligence - where someone says something and you think of the correct answer/response an hour later) struggle that affected me such was when my back was hurt so bad that for years I couldn't do anything without taking at least 2400mg of Ibuprofen to get through a day. I'm glad these two struggles are now behind me and I'm glad of the opportunity to learn and grow through these struggles.

If your here in your life, all I can say is that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and no, it's not a train!:D

Brian

good for you brian,, and unfortunately we do have many folk on here, in that same boat and some have been there much longer than than 6 months..but we all have done what we can to survive before now and will continue to do so and help all of those that we can. so glad yu saw your light soon and that others can gain hope that it does have away out..

Congrats, Brian. :thumb: I know the feeling all too well. :rolleyes: Still not at the end of my tunnel yet, but I'm at least working part time, which is helping to keep things afloat.

Went through years of that in the 80s. It sucked. Got a job, worked for awhile, got laid off, got another job. Went on like that for about 2 years.
I learned a lot about life in that two years. Gives me nightmares to think back on it.
Grats and may life always be awesome for you.

These are tough times for many.
Congrats on getting called back. Keeping busy and trying to maintain a good attitude is important. Easier said than doing, I know, but you have to try.
I met a fellow yesterday who is an inspiration. He is an imaging tech at the VA hospital where I go. He lost everything in the Katrina hurricane including his home, all belongings and even the hospital where he worked. Everything gone. But, now he lives in Arkansas, our gain, has a great attitude and is looking to the future. Even though I am sure it is there, he expressed no remorse.

Thank you for all of your replies. I just am not going to put all of my eggs in one basket ever again. How does the saying go? Wrong me once, shame on you, wrong me twice shame on me.

I will continue my prayers for you who are still in this position or who will go through this. I wish you all the best in your daily endeavors to provide for you and your families.

Brian