Bird houses, Need your help

Dennis Kranz

Can't remember who did the artical about this shape of a Bird house but I liked it. Doing them his way was to leave the bottem of the houses rounded with nothing hanging down. What do you guys like? I did what I could to put a design on them but I just don't know if I like it. Do you prefer rounded smooth or stuff on bottom?
Dennis

100_0880 (600 x 450).jpg

100_0881 (600 x 450).jpg

100_0887 (600 x 450).jpg

Dennis those are just to cool. I like them both ways but like to put a little acorn on the bottom. Since I have been turning the acorns they have really sold at Christmas. I have a order for 9 of them to take with me to North Carolina that have cardinals on them. I do get my birds from Michael's. Here are some with the acorns on the bottom.

Attachments

• Acorn Birdhouse 6.jpg
    Acorn Birdhouse 6.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 24
Thanks

I didn't want to go to every post and say the same thing. But THANKS for all the good things said about my turnings. It took me a long time to do all of those and I still have a couple pictures to take. That will be in a few days maybe.
Thanks again
Dennis

Just to let you know. I did not sell any of the bird houses at the craft fair. But I did notice that the other style of houses got a lot more attention than these did. And not just by a little bit. Most everyone said these where nice but all comments where made for the others. I only sold 130.00 in sales but the show was so bad attendence wise that most didn't get there space rent back which was only 40.00.
Dennis

Sorry to see the show was slow, but $130 on a $40 show is a pretty good profit margin. I've done plenty of $400 shows where I didn't bring home $1300. ;)

Hi,

I like both concepts, smooth and ornamental bottoms. I think you would find that both of them appeal to most people. AND I think that there is a group of people who will subconsciously be drawn to one group or the other.

Keep making both is my suggestion for what it is worth.

Enjoy,

Jim