1950's Craftsman Tablesaws

I am new to the forum and have a question about valuation of two table saws that I have. Both are 1950's craftsman are in working order. The first is model 113.27520 and the second is model 113.27940. Any help wold be greatly appreciated.I am looking to sell them but don't want to short change myself or gauge anyone. I am just looking for fair market value.
Thank you all,
Kevin

in good shape if yu can get $100 to $150 for it you will be lucky.. they were good saws and the best place to sell it is to a contractor for his tool trailer there are built much better then the newer ones today are.

I have a 113.27520 in very good shape. After I found them going for $100 and less in similar condition I decided to keep it as a dedicated crosscut station. Currently it is waiting patiently stored in the overhead for that fateful day to come.

Yes John I agree & many of them have not been taken care of. My Dad's saw after remounting it on the cabinet I have for it & installing the motor & switch can be put right back to work. After 54 years not to bad. I forgot to mention this was a daily user in my Dad's cabinet shop.

Last edited:
I think the fact that they're relatively cheap stems from a few factors:
1) - they're everywhere. They made something like 2.4 gazillion of them.
2) - they're old and need some attention. Most buyers lack the sick attraction to degrubbing a rusty hunk of metal that hasn't seen daylight in 35 years.
3) - the Craftsman brand hasn't exactly been a hallmark of unparalleled quality during the past several decades.
4) - the contractor style of saw is nearly obsolete. "Jobsite" saws are more portable, and "hybrid" saws are the new thing for most home shops. Dust collection, blade alignment, and the larger footprint of the external motor are the downside of the contractor style saws.
5) - those who really know woodworking and appreciate the quality of the old C-mans still shy away from the old Craftsman rip fences because they're a hassle to work with. Why buy an old saw for $100, spend $50 for new bearings / paint / electricals / belt, and search the hills for decent $200 used fence? There are too many good competitive options.

All that said, they'll cut wood with the rest of them. I just know i see a lot of them for $50 if they're in "garage fresh" condition. Maybe $100 if they've got that showroom gleem.

paulh

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I can say they are in great working order. They owned by a gentleman who was a master furniture maker and kept very well. I am inNJ and don't know much about them. I appreciate all the feedback!