G'Day From Down Under

Welcome Allen! Can't wait to see some projects using some of that upside down wood you have over there! I hear there are some pretty cool varieties you guys have :thumb: :thumb:

Jonathan, from here (Snowtown) is about seventeen hundred miles,or about two thousand seven hundred kilometers. All the measurements down here are metric, It has taken me some time to adjust from Imperial, but find metric a lot easier when measuring timber projects ......this will probably upset some purists, but thats the way I see it. I will post some photos of projects I have done when I work out how to downsize them, Regards.......AL

welcome al,, and on the down sizing pictures i use easy thumbnails real easy to learn and its free download,,, just type in easy thumbnail and hit search it willcome right up for you.. and looking forward to your pictures..

Welcome Al:wave: glad you found us:thumb: Metric or Imperial does no matter here we have lots of members that are using the metric system and lots using imperial so it is a split so post the way you are comfortable with:)

Welcome to the forum, Al. :wave:

Imperial or metric? Doesn't matter. I can cut a board too short using either of them. :D

I've used a lot of photo resizers, but this is the niftiest one I've see in a while:

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

You simply drag your photos and drop them onto an icon on your desktop, and the photos are automagically resized and put back in the folder they came from (with a different name). Or if you want, it'll drop the finished photos in a different folder. You can create different icons on your desktop for each size you want (I have ones for 600 and 800 pixels), and there are a number of naming and resizing options, too.

Hey Al....welcome to the Family! What's your fancy? flatwork (boooo), turning (yipee) or some another facet? Hope to see lot's of your work....you guys have great wood down there!:wave::wave:

Welcome Al, always good to have someone from a different place join us here. I hope you'll find this a warm, friendly and informative place you visit often.