So whatcha paying for Gas

I paid about $4.30/gal for regular a few days ago. Gas in CA is always more expensive because of the special formulation required for smog abatement. It's part of the cost of living in Paradise.

Mike

Dont complain you cannot possibly be paying what we do.

After the 3 cents a litre drop this weekend and taking into account that our loonie is at 1.03 to the greenback, with 3.78 litres being equal to a US gallon we are paying

1.33 per litre * 3.78/1.03 = US Dollar 4.88 a gallon.

Beat that ;) .:rofl::rofl::rofl: You have to laugh otherwise you cry. And to think we supposed to be an oil producer and exporter. There is a tax of 13% included in that price per litre. Thats 65 Canadian cents on the gallon is tax.

This high gas price has cause many to change their daily plans significantly. We saw a 50% drop in kids playing football this year. If a family is on a fixed income its tough to find the extra loot not only for the subs but the driving around. Yesterday we travelled 45 minutes each way for sons scrimmage. Next weekend it will be a whole day to Hamilton and back.

Here is a useful site to know of its got the whole USA gas prices and theres another one for the Canadian side.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Last edited:
Dont complain you cannot possibly be paying what we do.

After the 3 cents a litre drop this weekend and taking into account that our loonie is at 1.03 to the greenback, with 3.78 litres being equal to a US gallon we are paying

1.33 per litre * 3.78/1.03 = US Dollar 4.88 a gallon.

Yup. $80 fillup if the Sienna is near E -- 60 liters. :thud:

We already drive less than most (I cycle to work), but we've tried to cut back even more to avoid small trips.

$7.53 UDS per US gallon.

cost about $120 to fill up our van, which only has a 16 gallon tank :dunno:

Life in the big city! :thumb:

I do have to say, since I can (that "can" is VERY important!!) ride my bicycle and trailer to do most of my work that requires transport, our monthly gasoline bill has just about disappeared :) and I'm getting in shape too!:D

It's at $4.46/gal here, which is up from a few days ago when I paid $4.28. Cost me $68.50 to fill my SUV, a new record. My previous full-up lasted a bit over a month, though. I'm not doing a lot of personal driving lately.

I pay US7.92 per gallon. Higher than Stu but I have to buy "High Oct" I will say that the price has dropped 16 yen a litre in the last few weeks.

$3.79 gal. Cost me over $50.00 for about a 1/2 tank in my Dodge pick-up. I stay home a lot more these days. Won't go to town for just one item, must have a long list of things I need or need to do. Cost of fuel has chaned lifestyles and not in a good way.

Finally dropped below $4 to $3.99 at Costco. They just started using a new fornulation with 10% ethanol in the Central Valley...so much for my 18 mpg!:(