Thread: Searching for

Searching for

A bushing to enlarge a electric motor shaft from 5/8" to 7/8" do they make one & if so where can I find it? Thank you.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

What's the application on? Is this a bushing to go directly over the shaft (1/16" thick) or to transition from one shaft to another?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    What's the application on? Is this a bushing to go directly over the shaft (1/16" thick) or to transition from one shaft to another?
    It will be installed on a 5/8" motor shaft with a key way so that a 7/8" pulley with a key way may be mounted on the shaft to drive a wood lathe.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I have a machine shop that I use for this stuff. Usally something like that would cost me about $10. The only bad thing is they hand me a mic and point me to the scrap pile and tell me to go dfind a peice for them to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Al killian View Post
    I have a machine shop that I use for this stuff. Usally something like that would cost me about $10. The only bad thing is they hand me a mic and point me to the scrap pile and tell me to go dfind a peice for them to turn.
    He He Ha Ha what are you waiting for HMMM? I'm not so lucky.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

McMaster Carr has 5/8 to 7/8 bushings. You'd have to use an abrasive wheel or some other method to cut a slot to match the keyway. They also sell stepped key stock since I'd assume the keyway in your motor shaft will be a different size than the keyway in the pulley.

Is there something special about the pulley? Wondering if it would be better to just buy a pulley with the proper bore? Could be expensive if its a stepped pulley though.