Thread: Earthquakes in Spain

Earthquakes in Spain

Toni, were the earthquakes anywhere near you (southern Spain)? Just saw it on the news. I hear of damage and seven folks claimed. Hope you and yours are OK.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hopeing everything is OK Toni
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Here a link to the news release.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Earthquakes in Spain

Yeah, Hope you're OK Toni. God Bless.

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

Not a big quake for Japan, but for Spain, wow, that is big!

I hope you are OK Toni, very sorry to hear about this!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Hey Toni! Hope all is well...I think we'd all agree we are tired of EQ's
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Toni, hope all is well with you.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Guys i had an email from Toni today. He did not mention the earthquakes but he is quiet a way from the area. Toni is more north east of the area that had the quakes. He is actually even further east of Barcelona to give you an idea of location.

Roughly 600Km North east of the quakes.

Thats not to say he dont have no family in the area. I know hes very busy travelling around Europe on business so i hope he logs in some time and clears things up.
    cheers

Hi guys, thanks for the concern but the quake was far away from were I live. we didn't notice anything here.

That area is prone (if we may say so) to suffer from very light earthquakes from time to time. So light ones, that at the most you hear the china rattling or see the lamp moving slightly. Many of them pass unoticed.

The problem this time has been first the intensity 5.5 Richter scale and the fact that the epicentre was exactly in the town.
    According to the news 80% of the buildings of the town have been affected but only about 20% of that 80 will have to be demolished and they are all on the oldest part of the town, mainly buildings older than 50-80 years.

Another issue is the masonry, cornices and other building parts that fell on top of people, result 9 people dead.
    Sad times for the town and for the familys of the dead ones.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Glad you were not affected Toni.

Sad for those who were affected.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.