New Shop

Mark Rice

My wife has graciously donated her side of the garage to me. I was going to leave my truck outside and use the left side of the garage for WW. The camper would go under the carport. Her truck would go in the right side. We didn't know what to do with the splitter, ATV and motorcycle. I really pushed for a new building which would be just for WW. That would leave the right side of the garage for the little splitter, ATV and bike. When I showed her what it would cost for a new building she decided we could park her truck outside.
I NOW OWN THE WHOLE GARAGE!! IT'S MINE, MINE, MINE!!!!!!! Today the garage, tomorrow the world!!!!!:woot:
It doesn't have enough sockets or lighting and the workbench is not what I really want. It isn't deep enough. It is history when I get the chance to build a new one. There isn't any good space for lumber storage so I have to build some. There is a 220 hook up at the corner of the house that I am going to have extended to the shop. It is for a welder. I am thinking about having the electrical ran from the power pole and putting in a separate power box. It is full of stuff. I have a lot on my plate with building a new shop, doing the remodel on the house and dealing with the dead trees from the beetles The problem is that I need the shop up before I start on the cabinets for the remodel.
The wife has "authorized" the money for a new planer, band saw, router for the router table, materials for lumber storage and the materials for cabinets that might need for all of the above, to include a bench for the miter saw.

It needs massive cleaning and organizing but this is the start. My timeline is 3 months, hopefully.

Attachments

• Shop1.JPG
    Shop1.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Shop2.JPG
    Shop2.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 51
  • Shop3.JPG
    Shop3.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
Congrats!

Garage domination should be every home-based woodworker's goal.

Do post plenty of pics as you progress as I am in a similar situation and I will need a lot of help.