It's Friday....what's everyone doing?

Jim Burr

I think there is more paperwork going back to work than going on disability...so getting that done. Nice dinner for my wife when she gets home...chicken and mushroom ravioli, mushroom risotto, grilled asparagus and fresh French bread. Canoe exporting at REI tomorrow morning...and i hope that's it!

Tonight I'll probably be taking my wife out to dinner and taking it easy. Tomorrow and Sunday we'll be getting things tagged for our garage sale next weekend.

I installed some landscape lighting last night and will probably be doing a few more lights and testing out new locations to get it setup the way we want before burring the cables.

I also have a gable fan to install this weekend, probably on Sunday after we've gotten some of the garage cleaned out an can get to the attic door.

Nothing serious planned. Going to wait on putting the walls up on the shed until next weekend when I'll have enough time to get it all done.

Will probably putter around in the shop some though and try to do a little more organizing and start on a project I've got in mind.

Taking a break from the kitchen and catching up on outside work. Jan asked me to build her a flower box for Mother's Day - got that done. Now we have about 50 plants to get into the ground.:eek:

Flowerbox (800 x 598).jpg

Went trap shooting this morning at Elk Creek winery shooting clays range, and had a great time with my daughters and son in law, we only shot fifty clays each since it was going to rain today, just finished up before the downpour started. got something to eat and had a glass of wine and came home. might get to the shop this evening to do a little clean up A good day out with the kids. :thumb:
Chuck

Only about 25' of sod left to remove for my wifes garden. Her garden is going to be 15' x 35'. What a back breaker:( I's supposed to rain Sunday and most of the week so I have to get it done. Should of rented a sod cutter.:(
I hate gardening but she loves it. Haven't had a garden in a few years. She is going in for a knee replacement July 5th so it looks like me and my black thumb will be in charge of the stupid garden this year.:doh:

Bought about 150bf of hard select maple the other day so I'll be planing a bunch of it down for my grandsons bed.

Church Sunday then the usual Sunday dinner. I expect a few of the kids and grandkids will be here.

Tomorrow we will be going to a local CMT support group to help plan out a summer fundraiser.

What is CMT?

Then it's mowing the lawn before the rain on Sunday.

Then it will be claiming the garage back from the leftovers of a $500 garage sale last weekend.

Cheers

Jim

I thought we were going to Oxnard on Saturday for the California Strawberry Festival. Even washed the car and everything. Then about an hour ago I discovered it was next weekend, not this one. I guess I've got a free day tomorrow. :D I've got plenty of wood to turn, so I suspect there will some of that involved. Sunday is the monthly turning club meeting, and I intend to go to that. The rest of my spare time will be spent doing typical homeowner stuff. :rolleyes:

Spent the day in the shop finishingup a order of molding. Tommrow, have to deliver it to the guy in buffalo. Then drop my duaghter off at a bridal shower in amherst, then back to buffalo to vist my cusion. After the girls are done it will be back to the shop to finish the wood rack and sawdust bin. Sunday im going to stay home and rest.

Myrna broke her right arm a little over four and a half months ago. She was, finally, able to get rid of the cast today. She keeps wandering around waving her right arm. It just does not feel normal without something on it.

I'm beginning to think that age might be sneaking up on her. After years of me trying to get her to have a professional house cleaner, we started with one today. In the past she has always said, "But, I enjoy doing it."

She is a great lady. I am not sure how I managed to tie up with such a wonderful person.

Enjoy,

Jim

Supposed to be doing something with this dirt plateau we call a backyard, as in prepping{tilling, leveling etc} to get some grass growing...but poor poor me, it's been raining so much this evening, probably have to call it off...oh whoa is me :thumb: guess I'll have to see if the TV I just put up in the shop works OK, may take the rest of the weekend to be sure :rofl:

I sold my motorcycle (BMW R1200C) to a guy in Canada so yesterday was the day I had to deliver it to him across the boarder (3.5 hour drive). I was sad to see it go but I don't ride enough anymore to warrant owning one.

On the bright side, the funds from the sale may go towards the purchase of a classic car. My options are open but I'm partial to 1967 Camaros. However, I'd consider any cool covertable of a similar vintage. My dream car would be a '65 vette but that's not going to happen. :eek:

Saturday I've got a 50 mile bicycle ride lined up in the morning and in the evening I'll be going to my first ever soccer match -- the Seattle Sounders versus the Portland Timbers. I've been told they're a lot of fun. We'll see...

S'pose to rain Sunday so I'll probably go see me mom who's depression over my dad's death is continuing to get worse. :(