Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My current project

My current project

I am in the process of building a kitchen for a client. The cabinets will be constructed of natural cherry along with a maple island, sinkbase, window seat which will be sprayed in a deep blue poly. The window seat and the island will have 1-1/2" thick solid cherry tops and the island will have a pair of turned legs to support the eating area. The top is going to be 56"w x 80" long with breadboard ends. I will post more pics as the project develops.
    (pay no attention to the disorganization of my shop. It is tiny and I dont have nearly enough storage so things tend to rotate to unused spaces)

http://s763.photobucket.com/albums/x...spring%202011/

Cool pics, Rich. Looking forward to seeing this project progress. The piece that hit your hip looks like it was no fun at all. Made me sting just thinking about it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Nice cherry

Looking great so far
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Looking forward to follow the build got to agree OUCH

I'm guessing the blue on your shirt wasn't all that was blue! That must have tickled a little bit to transfer the paint!

Looking good! Will be watching your build progress!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Hmmm, another kitchen build. Could this be the most over rated room in the house?? Looking great so far Rich.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Wonderful, Rich. Thanks for taking me along for the ride. I love kitchens.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

thanks everyone.
    Yeah that shot off the tablesaw stung quite a bit. My wife heard it come off the saw, (it took off my overhead blade guard i couldnt believe it was fixable) bounced off my hip and split into two one piece hit the plastic trash barrel and ricocheted over the stairs the other slammed into my framing square that was sitting on top of my radial arm saw stand and both it and the square went flying into the cement wall. I only swore once, honest, I was too fascinated watching the shrapnel fly. Then I saw her halfway down the stairs with a bit of a shocked look on her face. Then she promptly shut me down for the afternoon..... (one of the biggest raspberries I have ever had!)

Hopefully today I will have the panels final sized and make the panel raising jig for my TS. These are not your typical raised panel and unfortunately I dont have a knife deep enough to cut them on the shaper .
    More pics soon
    Last edited by Rich Soby; 05-14-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Got all the raised panels cut and started sanding and sealing them. Hopefully should have some doors assembled by the end of the day tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rich Soby; 05-17-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Hmmm, another kitchen build. Could this be the most over rated room in the house?? Looking great so far Rich.
    I don't know if it is overrated but it is the most used and in many families the most popular.
    Female real estate agents know that if the wife in a couple likes the kitchen and master bedroom the house is sold. No matter what the husband thinks or says.
    I have a friend who is retired from a kitchen cabinet refinising business. He retired quite wealthy and is one of about a half dozen in the area in the same business. And this is not a large community. Seems the kitchen cabinet business might be something a beginning woodworker should consider. From what I see, that's where the money is.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire