Delta Rockwell 33-267 RAS

Dave Black

I am looking at a 1975 rockwell 33-267 radial arm saw on CL. I havent seen any pics of it. The guys about 80 minutes away, is this a good saw and whats a good price?

is 1975 a good vintage, I have heard that tools with the "peace sign" rockwell logo are not as good as earlier stuff. Will this be as accurate as a decent sliding miter saw?

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it. There are a lot of RAS's out there for sale. I don't think you will run into too many issues if it is all there and in reasonable shape. Parts should be easy to come by. I think once tuned up you could use it as a compound sliding miter saw, but i have a compound miter saw. I use the RAS for crosscutting, dadoes and lap joints.

Don't make any decisions until you see and hear it run.

Good luck.

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it. There are a lot of RAS's out there for sale. I don't think you will run into too many issues if it is all there and in reasonable shape. Parts should be easy to come by. I think once tuned up you could use it as a compound sliding miter saw, but i have a compound miter saw. I use the RAS for crosscutting, dadoes and lap joints.

Don't make any decisions until you see and hear it run.

Good luck.

Just got it home. Its in real nice shape, I only paid $100 for it, Everything is in good shape and tight.

Sometime in the next few months I want to tear the saw apart, clean it, repaint it, then reassemble and adjust everything for accuracy. While I'm at it I need to build a table for it too, I can't seem to find a manual for it anywhere, any thoughts on how to adjust everything?

Congrats on the new saw, Dave. (I missed seeing the post saying you'd picked it up.)

For the manual, you might find someone at the Old Woodworking Machine site who can help:

http://owwm.org/

Heres some pics of the saw, it came with a taper jig and a dust hood, both which will be nice to have, and the taper jig already got some use. Thats a new freud sliding miter/radial arm blade on it. That blade makes such a difference in quality of cut as well as being easy to control.

Attachments

• DSCF2104.jpg
    DSCF2104.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCF2106.jpg
    DSCF2106.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF2108.jpg
    DSCF2108.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF2105.jpg
    DSCF2105.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 129
Doh! Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Looks like a pretty nice and sturdy unit you got there.

I ordered this book. It's actually pretty thorough on how to setup and use a radial arm saw..

http://mrsawdust.com/

Dave, until I located a users manual for my Delta RAS, I found one to a similar model that helped get me thru the process...
The steps are pretty much standard, it's deciphering the lingo{read as - 'part descriptions'} that can throw you for a loop...when I did find one for my model{7730} it was issued covering 5 different models in one book...Maybe you can luck out like I did till you find the one your looking for.
Good looking machine! Congrats! :thumb:

Thanks, Antonio. :thumb: And welcome to the forum! :wave:

No Prob. I think we all understand the frustration of not having the manual to something old.

Quick question for ya. Does anyone know the paint code to these things? I was thinking I could take some epoxy primer and maybe tint it till it's close....

Yesterday I took apart nearly everything and greased/cleaned it up. I'd like to take it apart again and paint it.