I've got a pneumatic flooring stapler that I use to install hardwood flooring. I haven't used it in about a year and a half. I've got a hardwood install job starting in a couple weeks and went to pull it out and get it ready. I'd completely forgotten that the last time I used it, the handle broke just as I was finishing the job. I meant to take care of it then but it completely slipped my mind.
I got the parts list out and tried to order a new handle but found that they've discontinued this particular unit and parts aren't available anymore. I thought about getting it welded but realized that it's not aluminum. It's "pot metal" and can't really be welded. I decided to see what I could do with it myself. I found a tube of JB Weld which I knew wouldn't work for long (if at all). I JB'd it last night and clamped it just before going to bed. When I got up this morning I found a piece of 1/8" x 2" aluminum stock laying around. I made up a bracket and used some 10-32 machine screws, washers, and stop nuts and beefed up the repair. I think it's going to work fine and I just saved the cost of replacing it.
This Monday has started out better than most.