Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My weekend wood working project

Steve now I know your not old enough to have watched these lil guys when you were a kid. Man they were a Saturday morning must see.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Reruns Dave. The old ones are still the best.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you dont know what tool to buy next, then you probably dont need it yet.

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Nice fencing job Dave, and a beautiful place too.
    Can't offer a ride behind the team, but I'll see Steve's bid and raise it by a couple cold Alexander Keith's at the end of the day.
    Five strand high tensile electric is the thing here. Not so elegant, but easier on the hands.

Boy that looks like a nice fence there Dave. But i am glad i did not have to do it.

How did they split those logs. That has always fascinated me since coming to these parts. There are people in my neck of the woods that love that fence type especially if its old splits, then they get a few of them and make a mock fence corner on their front garden. Personally not my cup of tea.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rideout View Post
    Nice fencing job Dave, and a beautiful place too.
    Can't offer a ride behind the team, but I'll see Steve's bid and raise it by a couple cold Alexander Keith's at the end of the day.
    Five strand high tensile electric is the thing here. Not so elegant, but easier on the hands.
    Peter I love it up there, OK what do you have to hunt. Is turkey still in , I'll be on my way.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    That's it Jonathan ! Killer food plot. As I said you can not over seed buckwheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Boy that looks like a nice fence there Dave. But i am glad i did not have to do it.

How did they split those logs. That has always fascinated me since coming to these parts. There are people in my neck of the woods that love that fence type especially if its old splits, then they get a few of them and make a mock fence corner on their front garden. Personally not my cup of tea.
    Rob split rails are easy to work with and a much younger guy can handle one by himself all day but for two 57 year olds working together we put in 6-8 hours no problem. Plus a good pair of work gloves is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Peter I love it up there, OK what do you have to hunt. Is turkey still in , I'll be on my way.
    Ring-necked pheasant seems to be the bird of choice, Dave, although I think some people down in southwest Nova have been doing some work re-introducing turkeys in recent years. Not sure how that's going.
    Don't forget your gloves!

Looks like a real peaceful place Dave. Nothing like a hard day's work in a place like that to make you sleep good. One of those days that should end with some fried chicken and a few good brews. The kind of day that wipes out a whole bunch of bad ones.
    It wasn't a party unless it involved fire, an ATV, a chain saw and whiskey.