This one turned out nice... now the fun begins

Chuck Ellis

Recently had an email from a lady who saw a pair of goblets on my site... the goblets were sold, but she liked them and wanted to know if I could do more... Repetition isn't one of my strong suits, but said I would try- if I had more of the wood... turned out I had some... so she said great she wants 10 of the goblets... this one is very similar to the ones on my website... now I'll have the fun of trying to make 9 more...

This is mimosa wood... this is unfinished... just sanded through 400 grit...
it's 7 inches tall and about 3 inches at the mouth... about 4 inches deep inside.

Attachments

• goblet 005.JPG
    goblet 005.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 46
  • goblet 006.JPG
    goblet 006.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 46
Hi,

I am with Sharon. However, I would be darned sure that the customer felt that way before I made them. If the customer likes the variety idea, you might make twelve and let her chose her nine. Who knows, you might sell a dozen.

Great commission and may you get very many more.

Enjoy,

Jim

One of my students just finished making a set of bowling pins for his neice. Ask him about duplicating! We made a cardboard template for the exterior and it helped a lot. There are minute differences but overall they look excellent and after all, they are hand made items, not machine made so things happen. Good luck and hope the customer understands the difference as well as appreciates the difference.

I have 4 of them done...they are very similar, but not exact duplicates... lots of stopping and measuring. I made sure that the buyer would understand that they would only be similar, not exact duplicates... this is easy wood to work with, a little splintery as it's very porous, but the wood is pretty. It sands down nicely too.

I'll do some pictures after I get them finished.