Commissioned Turnings

Well had a lady that saw one of my pyrography Meadowlarks at the Art Gallery and wondered if I could make her 3. She said she had the pictures and that she wanted them colored just like the pictures but wanted the outline burned. Anyway here is a sunflower, a meadowlark and a cardinal. These are colored with double ended pens I get from Hobby Lobby or Michaels. They didn't turn out half bad and she didn't balk at $115 for the two that were 12 1/2" plus $85 for the 10 1/2" cardinal. I thought they came out pretty well. The sunflower shows the bottom and profile which is the same for all.

Attachments

• Sunflower Platter 1.jpg
    Sunflower Platter 1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Sunflower Platter 3.jpg
    Sunflower Platter 3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Sunflower Platter 4.jpg
    Sunflower Platter 4.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Cardinal Platter 2.jpg
    Cardinal Platter 2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Meadowlark Platter 2.jpg
    Meadowlark Platter 2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 42
Thanks I appreciate it. I am hoping after this big trip we are taking to have more time to sit down and do more complex burnings. Also it is almost June so need to start on my Christmas turnings or it will be here and I won't be ready.:eek::D

Great work, Bernie. :clap: Congrats on the commission, too. If the customers aren't balking a little at the prices, maybe it's time to raise them up a tweak. ;)

I see the Burn King is back in business! Those birds are great Bernie. Maybe burn 'em on to bird houses for Christmas!!?? Very well done sir!:thumb:

Fantastic Bernie.

I agree about the price. If the customer didn't blanch a little, you were under priced or the customer was (hopefully, still is) rich.

I don't think I have ever purchased a piece of art (or almost anything else not essential) without a serious conversation with myself about cost vs enjoyment.

The trays are really nice---You do good work.

Enjoy,

Jim