Shop Redux

Bill, good old fashioned shoe laces. Takes a bit of adjusting, but works well. The back is at 5 degrees. I got the basic plan from Fine Woodworking. It was in one of the special books.

Most of the stuff/ ideas I got from somewhere. I just modify it to work for me.

Finished this up this morning. I can cut from a 2" circle to a 50" circle.

picture.php

Very nice. I really like that fold down workbench idea. I'm short on space too so my workbench doubles as an outfeed table. I've been trying to figure out how I can mount my vice and I'm thinking I might have to try something like that. I'm hoping to get some shots of my shop up in the next couple of weeks.

Been hard at it again this weekend.

Place to put my sandpaper. Had to try out the circle cutter
picture.php

Drawers and fronts on the miter bench area.

picture.php

picture.php

The top two drawers that are pulled out are full of hand planes. I think I have a problem.

yup you do but at least you planned for it,, i see that bottom drawer supports the top at full extension.. and i wish you would stop showing that part time bench with the vice on it it keeps botherun me:):rofl:

Very nice Steve boy you been busy. You got loads of good ideas in your shop. I am gonna steal a few of them they just make good sense now i see them in practice. Really like the idea of the bench top tool storage. Yes it would be nice to have the space to have them out ready to go but in reality we dont need to have it that way and your idea is a great solution. I end up putting mine on the floor anyhow which is actually dangerous.

Then i really like the compartments under the folding mitre bench. Thats a great idea too. For me i am thinking here of all the small hand help power tools like you have your circular saw in there. I am also thinking now i see your solution can add a few other items like biscuit joiner and around that size (corded hammer drill, sawzall etc).

The bench is neat and that vice you made with the LV screw is an excellent idea. May think of adding this as another mod to my bench. I like the cost effectiveness.

What holds the bench up?

Is that your total plane collection.? By now i thought you were catching up to Jim but if thats it looks like you been too busy shoping for others.;)

I think your redneck track saw is really great. :thumb:

Just a question why do you want such a long mitre saw bench? Is this for contract work you do. I now see Larry, Chuck and you all have this loooong bench idea. But for furniture its short moldings. Alan B do you have a long mitre bench too? Takes up a load of bench space and i would have thought one of those portable stands would be better for contractor work no?

The bench is held up by 2 pieces of 3/4 mdf, they slide out of pockets in the lower unit.

The reason the miter bench is so long, is that is just what I had room for. I use it more for the storage below than cutting on the top. I can however get repeatable cuts out to 8 foot, so if I build a tall cabinet, I can cut the face frame. I have a stand and another miter saw. I don't use it that often. It will cut a 2x12, where the one on the bench will only do a 2x6.

Yep, that is the total collection. I need to go count it later. There is one in that area that is getting ready to be shipped somewhere.

A few things I have done here lately.

Got my band saw all Bradley looking. Did it a little different, but it works.

30.jpg

Need a place for those long clamps I never use, but need every now and then. Some black pipe and a few floor flanges.

31.jpg

And this came today. Bit surprised it showed up this quick, but I will take it.

32.jpg

Very nice. I really like that fold down workbench idea. I'm short on space too so my workbench doubles as an outfeed table. I've been trying to figure out how I can mount my vice and I'm thinking I might have to try something like that. I'm hoping to get some shots of my shop up in the next couple of weeks.

Roy my bench is an off feed table too. My vises are just bolted on in the normal way.

Attachments

• A1 myshop 076.jpg
    A1 myshop 076.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 101
  • A1 myshop 046.jpg
    A1 myshop 046.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Work center.jpg
    Work center.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 89