Shop Redux

Ok, for all the picture hounds, I figure I would put it here.

So far the height doesn't appear to be a problem. I can actually see the blade better at the downward angle. I added a 6" board to the back of the saw, as I didn't want to put miter slots in my work table. Also I am not sure where a lot of the fasteners were below the surface of it. The table comes in at around 1/8 lower than the saw, according to where you roll it, guess my floor isn't perfect flat:D I want to build a good crosscut sled next and a few other items for this saw. Other than that, I am one happy camper.

44.jpg

Ok, for all the picture hounds, I figure I would put it here.

So far the height doesn't appear to be a problem. I can actually see the blade better at the downward angle. I added a 6" board to the back of the saw, as I didn't want to put miter slots in my work table. Also I am not sure where a lot of the fasteners were below the surface of it. The table comes in at around 1/8 lower than the saw, according to where you roll it, guess my floor isn't perfect flat:D I want to build a good crosscut sled next and a few other items for this saw. Other than that, I am one happy camper.

View attachment 67399

I have seen a lot of shop pic's here.

But what I want to know is......How do you keep them so clean? You guys got Shop Gremlin's that come in to clean.:rofl:

my only problem with it is I dont have enough suction when I forget to close any other gate. I get alot of sawdust accumulating inside the body at the bottom. The overhead blade guard completely eliminates any dust blowing back in my face(enough that I never notice it anymore as long as IM not cutting an edge).
If I clean the dust collector daily, keep the filter super clean inside, and shut all the gates, Im ok, but Im too lazy to address the collector every day.
when I work with all the saws, Im also too lazy and too senile to remember to close the other gates.
I guess if I put in electronic gates(Im too cheap for that), Id be better off.

I think the electronic gates can be built cheaper than bought? I remember seeing it somewhere. I am going to do a "Walmart rig" of my DC for now. I need to always have a hose on that saw, period.

Way to go Steve....what a neat graduation pressie for yourself. :)

Now we believe ya .......errr or is that photoshop plating tricks again:)
Enjoy your new fine saw.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Steve, just read this thread for the first time, really like the way you have set up your shop, lots of great looking goodies in there !!
Had a bit of a laugh about the comment about having too many plains - i subscribe to the theory that he who dies with the most toys wins - and i don't like losing :rofl:
still adding "toys" to my shop at the moment, hopefully have everything i want by the end of the year, so will post some photos then

Hi Steve, just read this thread for the first time, really like the way you have set up your shop, lots of great looking goodies in there !!

Steve really did do a fantastic job with that space, didn't he? Like Steve says, posting the before photos makes the after photos so much more fun.

Knocked this out today. Kreg screwed it together, lets see if they are as good as they say they are. If it holds up, I will do drawers later. Plan on keeping all my TS stuff handy.

45.jpg

Cool. :thumb: I really like the little brother to that cyclone...I'll be interested to see your review after you use this one.

FWW gave it a real good review, so we will see. If it works as expected with hoses, I am planning a total revamp of the collection. Will do the final as an outside exhaust.

Very tempted to get one to replace my makeshift 'thien baffle on a garbage can'... I love the way the little one works with my mini shop vac and sanding.

I would love to be able to put my sawstop in a permanent position and adjust the legs just once, and build a cabinet underneath it.
I have to move the saw 10 times a day sometimes to make room for longer cuts, or getting in and out of overhead door.

I don't think the lift stand on these tools were made to move it around constantly, I believe in time they will start tilting or not moving smooth.