Shop Redux

Brent that is my problem. The plastic separator on a trash can just doesn't get it. I could have went with a build your own, like the Thien, but decided to go this route. I think it is a better long term fix. I have rounded up a 55 gal barrel with a good lid and gasket, so more room for dust before I empty. Once my fittings get here, I am going to hook it up and see what it does.

Brent that is my problem. The plastic separator on a trash can just doesn't get it. I could have went with a build your own, like the Thien, but decided to go this route. I think it is a better long term fix. I have rounded up a 55 gal barrel with a good lid and gasket, so more room for dust before I empty. Once my fittings get here, I am going to hook it up and see what it does.

Hmmm, I've got some steel drums around here. Wonder if I can take the lids off?

Hmmm, I've got some steel drums around here. Wonder if I can take the lids off?

My dad used to use a straight screw driver and beat it at and angle to cut the lids about 1/4" - 1/2" from the sides around the top to cut the tops out for burn barrels. After cutting the lid part out he'd beat the frays back using two hammers. He'd hold a small sledge on the outside to keep it from bending, then use a framing hammer to flatten out the frays so us kids wouldn't get cut on them. Would probably work well to keep from tearing plastic liners too.

You have a nice shop. I am also cleaning , putting away and building new , trying to get organized, which will never happen. I like the holding rack for your Bessey style K clamps. You just sloved a problem for me and I will use you idea. Thanks

Try and bring this up to date a bit.

I had to add this to the back of my saw for clearance for dust elbow.

69.jpg

Then I done some horse trading and came up with this.

70.jpg

Which caused me to tear out a few things and rearrange and add a couple more circuits.

74.jpg

I now have more room in the back for parking mobile stuff.

71.jpg

72.jpg

I needed some more bench cookies here back so I made some with scrap MDF and mouse pads.

78.jpg

I added a better roof over my benchtop storage area so I can use that as well. Wanted to try out T&G router bit set anyways. Can put some not used much items up there now.

77.jpg

As far as my dust collection, this is how she is setup now, I used the dreaded 4 sch 35 pipe and some flex for mobility.

79.jpg

80.jpg

This is how I now have the south wall laid out. Worked a little better than the way I had it.

81.jpg

Took advantage of jet's 50% off clamp sale and picked up a few more. Caused me to rebuild one rack and make a totally new one.

82.jpg

83.jpg

That's about it for now. Got a few things in the works, but you will have to wait on those.

some well deserved additions steve,, if i were flush i would change out my table saw for the saw stop myself.. how does that dust collector work with the super hooked up to it does it still have enough draw to keep your saw top clean?

Keeps the top pretty clean when only using the riving knife. I am really happy with it and have put enough time into the setup I am calling it good. I am trying a 55 gal trash bag this time to see if it helps dumping the barrel once full. It is a pain taking it in and out of the shop.