It's Friday!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I've got to head down to my wife's grand parents tomorrow for the day. Hopefully I'll be putting in some pool time this weekend. Plan to work on a new wood rack also. Maybe some BBQ on Monday.

What all you got going?

BBQ all Weekend long.
Probably still too cold to get in the pool. It's ready, just cold!
I got the roofing for my shed this week, so nothing stopping me from getting the shed put up this weekend!

Rain this week filled the pool cover up again, so we won't be opening the pool. Too cool anyway. We have two BBQ's to attend, a few meetings at church, and, if I'm lucky, some shop time finishing up the doors for the fireplace. Fireplace pics might post soon! Kitchen is still waiting for the replacement counter top (due next Friday) then I can trim the window and call it done.

Birthday dinner for my dad tonight at my parents, Happy Birthday Dad!!...

Tomorrow down to my MIL's cabin to try and unclog the pond's overflow pipe...if the dam is still there that is...:eek:..water was at the top last weekend and the area had 4-5" of rain this week...

Saturday night out with some good friends that are moving out of town soon...sunday shop time and monday relax and do some yard work. Full but fun weekend I hope!

Had another grandchild yesterday. Number 11 :eek:

This was the last hope of continuing the Gibson name as I have 5 daughters and only one son. Kind of disappointed they didn't name him Robert IV th but what the heck. They named him Quincy :dunno:

Other than visiting the hospital, hopefully get in some garden, shop and rest time. Been a busy week.

I've got to look at the pick up tube for the sprinkler system to see if it is clogged up not feeding the pump. Will be on the roof with the leaf blower getting all the pecan twirlies off the shingles since it was too wet to do last weekend. (won't be able to use that excuse this weekend:rolleyes:) Probably watch a little baseball on TV. Friends coming over from Dallas for supper Sat eve. Not sure what else from there. Have a great weekend! Wish it was a long one for me! Jim.

Heading to the Doc's soon and a good nights rest and hopefully the wife and I will be heading to Va for the weekend at a B&B. I need to do a little research and see what activities are in store down that way.

Mem Day weekend. Daughter is coming for one night. We get to babysit her dogs while she proceeds north to visit her brother and family. Us old folks will stay at home. Mem Day ceremonies at the plaza Monday 11 a.m. I'm always there.

For some time I have been rearranging the shop.
If you rearrange the furniture in the house, you just move a few pieces of furniture around and maybe put in a new accent piece.

HOWEVER, if you rearrange the shop:
The TS is going over here. Well, if I'm going to move it I could build on some larger extensions. Gee, if the extension is larger, I could make one into a router table top and pick up space by getting rid of the router stand. Then that would give me space to use a larger sanding stand. With a larger sanding stand I could take the belt sander and the 12 inch disc sander and put them both on one stand. Then I could get rid of the two smaller stands they occupied. Well that opens an area so that I can put a "real" woodworker's table on my drillpress. Etc. etc. etc. etc.

So, a month later-----
Need I say more?

It's a hobby. I'm having fun. However, everybody is getting fruit cake for Christmas this year.

Enjoy,

Jim

More work getting the shop set up. Have a couple HF's I'd like to finish. BBQ but no swimming yet...to cold still. Lots of rest from my first 2 days back at work...ouch :(

Looking foward to finally finishing the 4 bar stools so I can say bye bye to this grouping Ive been invovled with for a while.
I have to first clean up the junked wood in my yard in the morning.

This has been a busy week at work, so I've not gotten stuff done in the last few nights that I'd intended to do. So I'm behind on a few things in the shop. :rolleyes: As usual, I need to get some turning and finishing done this weekend. I've got several bowls in progress that are destined to be a wedding gift, but I've not got the final coats of finish on them yet. I also need to get some more of my fresh wood roughed out before I lose it to the summer heat.

Sometime this weekend I'm hoping LOML and I can just go out cruising around town so I can show her some of the neighborhoods I've been working in lately. I see a lot of cool stuff in my travels, and it'd be fun to spend a few hours playing tour guide for her.

Also on my list is to fire up the smoker and cook myself some kind of meatfood. Still haven't decided what to cook yet, and will probably be eating most of it myself, since LOML isn't much of a carnivore. She thinks bacon is great and hot dogs are OK. Steaks and smoked meats, not so much. Seafood, out of the question. So I end up cooking for myself a lot. :p

Also on my list is to fire up the smoker and cook myself some kind of meatfood. Still haven't decided what to cook yet, and will probably be eating most of it myself, since LOML isn't much of a carnivore. She thinks bacon is great and hot dogs are OK. Steaks and smoked meats, not so much. Seafood, out of the question. So I end up cooking for myself a lot. :p

On my way...all 4 of us:rofl::rofl: