Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay, I have something for you to see

Jay, I have something for you to see

Can you tell me anything about it ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010021.JPG   P1010023.JPG   P1010024.JPG   P1010022.JPG   P1010025.JPG  

P1010026.JPG  
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Incredibly neat old instrument.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I'm sure Jay will see this but until he does.....This looks like it was a very nice acordian in it's day. Very ornate. Depending on the material it was made from and how it was stored, I would guess that it probably will still play. The bellows would be iffy for dry rot and such. Looks cool though.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Thanks I hope he can tell me a little about it. Larry said I should show Jay when he visited.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

I cant tell ya anything about it but I am going to send this to my go to guy to see if he can tell us anything .

How ever one thing is for sure IT"S OLD
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Jay, thanks. I hope your friend can tell me a little about it. I maybe to send this out to you for professional restoration. I have the Mother of Pearl to replace the missing key. If this is something you would be willing work on.

I wish I could Dave but Accordion bellows is way out of my comfort zone.

Will ask around for more info of redoing the bellows.

Looks like a fun project.
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Looks very cool to restore...

Reminds me of being a kid and borrowing my neighbors accordion...they asked for it back within the next few weeks

I would caution you regarding "restoration" vs just cleaning it up. Just the same as old cars of certain vintage and make.
    It is original only once.
    Search out a professional antiquities person, maybe an accordian player/collector to determine it's value. It might be worth more "as is" than restored. Let's face it, you are probably not going to play it regardless of condition so therefore it is probably worth more as a museum piece, as is. Maybe vacuumed and dusted off - that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Mearkle View Post
    I would caution you regarding "restoration" vs just cleaning it up. Just the same as old cars of certain vintage and make.
    It is original only once.
    Search out a professional antiquities person, maybe an accordian player/collector to determine it's value. It might be worth more "as is" than restored. Let's face it, you are probably not going to play it regardless of condition so therefore it is probably worth more as a museum piece, as is. Maybe vacuumed and dusted off - that's all.
    Walter has a VERY good point
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars