P1010022.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 50
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 47
I'm sure Jay will see this but until he does.....This looks like it was a very nice acordian in it's day. Very ornate. Depending on the material it was made from and how it was stored, I would guess that it probably will still play. The bellows would be iffy for dry rot and such. Looks cool though.

Jay, thanks. I hope your friend can tell me a little about it. I maybe to send this out to you for professional restoration. I have the Mother of Pearl to replace the missing key. If this is something you would be willing work on.

I would caution you regarding "restoration" vs just cleaning it up. Just the same as old cars of certain vintage and make.
It is original only once.
Search out a professional antiquities person, maybe an accordian player/collector to determine it's value. It might be worth more "as is" than restored. Let's face it, you are probably not going to play it regardless of condition so therefore it is probably worth more as a museum piece, as is. Maybe vacuumed and dusted off - that's all.

I would caution you regarding "restoration" vs just cleaning it up. Just the same as old cars of certain vintage and make.
It is original only once.
Search out a professional antiquities person, maybe an accordian player/collector to determine it's value. It might be worth more "as is" than restored. Let's face it, you are probably not going to play it regardless of condition so therefore it is probably worth more as a museum piece, as is. Maybe vacuumed and dusted off - that's all.

Walter has a VERY good point :thumb:

Yes, Walter's point about it being original only once is 100% accurate.
The car enthusiasts are starting to realize this and recognize some less than perfect cars that are original.
I remember as a kid an older gentleman, a german immigrant that spoke very little and broken english playing an accordian or the other instrument that is much like an accordian at our church social gatherings. He could get that church a rocking and people on their feet dancing like no other.

I looked into this with a restorer of musical internments and he told me the majority of these restorations will go for 2500 to 3500 I need to read up about this work ! The box is dated around 1915-1920. It's is a working condition with a few minor leeks and he told me he could send me the material to repair it. It's the dismantling and cleaning the interior that takes the time. No suggestion of the value though.