Thinking cup {aka} spin work gone flat

Ahhh... the trials & tribulations of a noob...I screwed a chunk of ply to my face plate to try my hand at hollowing out a cup I was attempting on the lathe, I thought I could simply run a screw thru the ply and into the cup and be able to maneuver without needing the tail stock...well, at about the twelfth revolution, things went south :doh:
break.jpg

well, I'm getting tired of constantly throwing all of my practicing pieces away, turning isn't as easy as some make it look :thumb: So I decided I'd see what I could salvage out of it...one quick swipe thru the bandsaw and waa-laa...
split.jpg

OK, now what? Hey make a kodak moment of it I thought... I figured it could be a good reminder that when I 'screw' around, I get 'mickey mouse' results...which leads to the flat-work part of my day...
TC.jpg

Stuck it up where I can see it everyday as a reminder..."if you screw around mickey mousing things, your cup will never runneth over with success"
Wallmount.jpg

I've had this watch since my high school years, and it sure sums up my day to day adventures since then :eek: :rofl:...
MMW.jpg

Hope ya all had a great Memorial weekend! :D

I think most turners have learned a similar lesson or two along the way, but I don't recall seeing the lesson memorialized so well before. :thumb: