Another piece from Mike, This one was screwed up from the word go. I wanted the vase shape, then when I saw the curl, I thought dye would be cool, so put on the black, sanded it down and did 4-5 applications of blue. Then a collar would look nice, so I ebonized some beech and put that on and glued it in...then I noticed some checking in the top...crud...it was still a little wet . Since I have dye and a collar on it DNA is out. I plastic wrapped it and poked a hole in the top. I unwrapped it a few days later and the cracks were nominal but the recess for the collar warped...so I cut a groove and filled it with turquoise. I'm turning off the tenon and Wammo...catch 1/3 of the way up...cut it down...re-dye and finish.
C&C used one the next one if I don't go back to just pens!!!!