The Force of the Tornado in Joplin

I'll see your :eek: and raise you a :chair: and a
panic.gif

The more photos I see from Joplin and the other areas that have been hit this year, the more in awe I am at the power of nature.

My parents went through there the other day to see some friends. Their friends had lost literally everything, their house, cars, all their belongings. They had taken cover in the middle closet of the house, which was the only thing left of it.

It sounds like their insurance company was very quick at getting things resolved, cars have already been replace and were getting them a settlement on the house this week.

They have a camper down by my parents, but after going through something like that, it would make one a little weary to stay in one. I know I'd be looking for a concrete house myself.

I've seen stuff like this before. I was climbing a large maple on my brother-in-laws place to dead wood the tree. About 3/4 of the way up I found a 3/4 metal pipe driven straight through the 2 ft. diameter trunk. Seems a tornado took out a church a few doors down in 1960. Scary indeed.

Scary is right. Glad it didn't penetrate a person.
We know folks in the area and the stories coming in are heartbreaking.

Problem is, I think my wife said she had heard a story that a man was penned to a wall in Joplin with a 2x4 through his chest... I've been through Hurricane's on the Gulf, Typhoon's on Guam, Earth quakes in California... I'm far more afraid of a toronado... one went through east Tennessee in April and missed my house by about 1/2 mile...