A very old friend could use your prayers or happy thoughts

John is about as old of a friend one can have dating back to grade school and a great Brother in the Lord. I received a note from his wife Mary. Mary and I dated once , I dated her to get John moving to make a discussion whither or not to marry her. LOL
She would appreciate your prayers.

Hi Dave, just want to let you know that John had a massive stroke yesterday and is in the hospital. The prognosis is not good but I am trusting in the Lord.

Thanks Dave

John is an ol wood worker , construction work and has also owned his own company for 30 years. Hard worker. When we 1st reunited it was in a chuch service and my hay Fever was getting the best of me. John came over and said lets pray and I looked at him and said OK and from that point on I have not had Hay Fever. I mean I would get shots for it. I even had sinus surgery to open my nasal passages because I could not breath it got so bad. So Johns always been like a little brother in some ways.

I learned a little bit about john situation , he has a large blood clots with caused the stroke in the right side of the brain . Doc's cannot operate because of the placement of the clot so its a waiting game.

Last edited:
Mary is very thankful for everyone Prayers. When a lot of us were still single about 24 of us would meet at John's and others apartments each week and for years after we all paired off and married , John always had the best cook out.

Update on John condition

From a friend:
Hi All - I guess I'm taking over for Janet temporarily.

I just heard from Jenny Snyder who had talked with Mary and little bit ago. John's blood pressure spiked and he has taken a turn for the worse. He's back in ICU. The doctors have told her that the next 3 days are critical but that she needs to make decisions concerning what lengths the doctors should go to to save or prolong John's life. Mary has called John's family back to his side.