Massive disc sander

Wowsers! That's bigger than the huge one I saw at the framing shop a while back. Are you gonna make an offer in it? (BTW Mohammad, I checked with the framing shop. They aren't interested in selling any of their old machines.) :(

That is impressive, especially being double sided :thumb:

I'll bet you could stick a 4x4 into that thing and not bog it down a bit :eek:

It is impressive, but I'll see your massive disc sander and raise you a finger slicer......
finger_slicer_1.jpg

finger_slicer_2.jpg

.... be afraid.... be VERY afraid :eek::eek::eek:

finger_slicer_3.jpg

Selling for about $120 on auction here now....

I think it is a fairly old machine, not in use much these days I would guess. I thought of taking the knives out of it, filling in the holes and then getting some really large stick on sanding discs for it :eek: But I do not have the space for such things :(

Those are some great machines, would love to have a shop full, and then watch the expressions when you mention your going into the pen blank production biz :rofl:

I noticed the slicer in Stu's photo is a 'Takenawa'...I'm guessing it's called that in relationship to it's power :dunno:...Takenawa...Taken awa da finger tips :D

I'm sure with very sharp knives it would slice endgrain very straight and very flat, as well as very smooth, but yeah, not the kind of tool I'd be wanting to use :eek: