Thread: A good word for Lowe's

A good word for Lowe's

Too often we have bad experiences at the BORGs.
    Today I had a satisfactory outcome with Lowe's.
    Six months ago we bought a new refrigerator. It has an internal filter. When the filter ran out it's life I could no longer use the door dispenser. When we purchased this frig the salesman said we could continue to use the water dispenser. Wrong. And removing the old filter will not let us use the dispenser. I was not happy. New filters cost $45.00 and I have a whole house filter so don't need it in the frig. Without argument Lowe's offered a $100.00 discount to us, or an even exchange for an equally priced model or full credit against an upgrade. Wifey did not want the hassle of trading out refrigerators. I asked for just two free replacement filters and the manager agreed with a smile. Next time one needs replacing I'm going to try gutting the used one and plastic welding a cap on the empty tube to see if the water will still run and save me hassle for all time. If not we will have to spend about $100.00 a year on replacement filters. That doesn't make me happy. But the prompt, no hassle, offer to make us happy did make us happy.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Good solution to your problem, but still temporary. You didn't mention the brand, but Frigidaire, Amana, GE, and probably all the others, too, have a 'bypass' filter for situations like yours. My Frigidaire dealer gave me one for mine when I told him we already had filtration. The adapter looks just like a filter, but has straight-through piping instead of a filter element. Check with a local parts place.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Good solution to your problem, but still temporary. You didn't mention the brand, but Frigidaire, Amana, GE, and probably all the others, too, have a 'bypass' filter for situations like yours. My Frigidaire dealer gave me one for mine when I told him we already had filtration. The adapter looks just like a filter, but has straight-through piping instead of a filter element. Check with a local parts place.
    Thanks, I will.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

You might also check filtersfast.com I've purchased filters for my sprinkler system filter from them. Even Amazon has the GE filters I use in line to the refrigerator. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3