Bathrooms of the Rich and Not-So-Famous

OK pardner...I know when I've been out-punned.

attachment.php
SlingingCowboy.gif

:p :p :p :p :p

:rofl::p:thumb:
Keep the cool photos coming, always nice to see how the other half lives :D

LA - 13 years. Luckily my commutes were either 10 minutes away (LAX), reverse commute or driving through pretty rough neighborhoods (baseball cap and slunk down, I was).

Each time I went back since then it kept getting more built up and made me claustrophobic...even the beach areas.

I guess I'm fortunate to be able to work from home and live in the boonies. When I have to get a real job someday in the future, I think my major problem will be negotiating the highway with the local llama (another story for another day).

For the first 10 years or so that I lived here, my commute was about 20 minutes on uncongested freeways. 70 to 80 mph the whole way, even at rush hour. Then the company moved, so for about 8 years it was about 20 minutes on uncongested surface streets at 40 to 50 mph. Now, we don't have a regular commute, but we tend to drive on all the freeways that I've historically avoided if at all possible. Northbound 405 at 5:00 pm over Sepulveda Pass? Just step out on the dance floor and boogie with the rest of them. Some of the city streets get incredibly jammed up, too. I've spent an hour to travel 1.5 miles on Sunset Boulevard. We spent 45 minutes on Wilshire a couple days ago, and according to the GPS we were averaging 1.7 mph. I hate that kind of traffic, but hey, it pays hourly, so why complain? ;)

I have learned that other drivers tend to get out of the way of a full-sized Toyota pickup better than they do a small SUV like my Lexus. In the Lexus, it seems I have to I ask to change lanes. In the Toyota, I'm taking it, no questions asked. :p We spend a lot of time in the carpool lane, so I'm accustomed to cutting over 5 or 6 lanes of traffic to get to my exit (or to get into the carpool lane, for that matter). It seems the sea of cars just parts for me when I'm in the truck. :D

I only lived in LA for a little over a year back in '65... Lived in Huntington Beach and worked at LAX... fortunately, I worked a night shift and usually drove the 405 at about 10:30 to work and at 7:00 am home.... inbound wasn't too bad, homebound was against traffic so it was relatively good too.... I carpooled with a guy in Long Beach for a while, until he scared the bejesus out of me one morning.... I forget the street name, but think it was the Sepulveda highway that runs alongside the airport... we entered the 405 and he said watch this... he crossed the lanes of the 405...just sweeping across the lanes - I think it's 4 lanes there... when he hit the far left lane, his Plymouth Sport Fury was doing just over 105 mph... he had just nearly rear ended a flatbed truck on the Sepulveda highway because another car cut in front of him in the left lane... he jammed it in 3rd and swept around the car to find a truck stopped in the right lane.... I figured after that it was cheaper to just drive myself.

I lived in Westchester at the time and worked at LAX (the short commute). For you LA locals, you know the 10 story building on the westerly side in between runways...I had a corner office on the 7th floor. It was pretty hard to get work done when you watch planes land and take off all day.

I lived in Westchester at the time and worked at LAX (the short commute). For you LA locals, you know the 10 story building on the westerly side in between runways...I had a corner office on the 7th floor. It was pretty hard to get work done when you watch planes land and take off all day.

Yep, that is where I live. I am 5 blocks east of LMU on Westlawn ave.