Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: When putting in Plastic Conduit Question

Question Urgent: When putting in Plastic Conduit Question

Does the bell end go towards or away from the panel?

Thanks!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

No idea, I just work with plain ol Wood .
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I can't say for sure, but i don't think it matters.

If it does, I hope I did mine right :P :P

I planned those locations for ease of install more than anything, honestly.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Thanks Everyone!

Well, I ran it so that when it goes into the box, the bells won't collect water.

We had a trench dug today and are having some yard hydrants dug. I though I would put conduit in the trench so I could run some electric out to where the camper sits and the pool is located, so I don't have to run the extension cords across the driveway.

Next week I call the electrician...
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.

Here, technically, you aren't supposed to put electric and water in the same trench. I think you made the right call on the bell ends.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Seperate trenches might work well in places where you could use a ditch witch. The guy brought out a bobcat with a backhoe bucket on it. There is no way a trencher would have made it trough the rocks here. As it was, we were lucky enough to get through one area, and that was only because I used my breaker hammer to pound the rock into pieces so the backhoe could get a finger hold on them.

Whoo! I thought hiring this out mean't I'd have a nice relaxing day of watching someone else work. So far I've done all the hard work and he's just been driving the bobcat around!

But Seriously, I figure every bit I help should knock a little time off of what he has to do. And I think I just finished up putting in the posts to support the hydrants. These are only going to be for seasonal use, as the line they are coming off of is only for seasonal irrigation anyway.

But it will be nice to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Here, technically, you aren't supposed to put electric and water in the same trench. I think you made the right call on the bell ends.
    Jonathan...you forgot to put quotes around "technically"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Here, technically, you aren't supposed to put electric and water in the same trench...
    Here, it's allowed. My shop has electric, gas, and water lines all in the same trench.

(I guess if the electric shorts and catches the plastic gas line on fire, the melting water line will put the fire out...)
    Jim D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Here, it's allowed. My shop has electric, gas, and water lines all in the same trench.

(I guess if the electric shorts and catches the plastic gas line on fire, the melting water line will put the fire out...)
    "Its only by minute attention to every detail that you will achieve perfection"

http://westernreservefurniture.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post

Bwahahahah!

Well, the driveway will never be the same, but the weeds next to the dog run are gone and buried deep!

At least it's done.

I'm way too old and out of shape for this stuff. Last weekend I was sore for 4 days after putting up the framing for my shed. I picked rocks and ran the jackhammer and shoveled like crazy today.

I think the job ended up being way more than the guy though it would take. I have to give him credit, he was a man of his word and only asked for what his estimate was. I think he did that because I was out there doing a bunch of the physical labor while he ran the bobcat and I saved him a lot of effort. All in all it took him several more hours than he thought. Let's just say he left with a bigger check than he thought he got. I'll definitely be using him (and his family) again for any well/plumbing work we need done around here.